Traditional Firearms > Traditional Archery

The History of the Longbow

<< < (2/2)

SharpStick:
I always wanted to learn more about the English battles using archery, e.g., Agincourt. Purchased a used copy of Longbow: A Social and Military History via Amazon and now I'm working my way through it. Wow! So much information! I'm on chapter 5 and my brain is full.  I suddenly have this urge to find the nearest yew tree and start another project.  Not much chance of finding a tree like that in Arizona. I'll have to do some research and see what the local tribes used back before guns showed up.

Uncle Russ:

--- Quote from: SharpStick on October 22, 2018, 02:48:58 PM ---I always wanted to learn more about the English battles using archery, e.g., Agincourt. Purchased a used copy of Longbow: A Social and Military History via Amazon and now I'm working my way through it. Wow! So much information! I'm on chapter 5 and my brain is full.  I suddenly have this urge to find the nearest yew tree and start another project.  Not much chance of finding a tree like that in Arizona. I'll have to do some research and see what the local tribes used back before guns showed up.

--- End quote ---

:hairy

Russ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version