TMA Events and Activites > TMA Postal Shoots

May Comments For Our May 2017 Paper Silhouettes Results

(1/7) > >>

Ohio Joe:
Okay, I know it's still April 30th, but I wanted to get this reminder up for those with April Targets to still be turned in;

6.a. IMPORTANT - Returning Targets (for score) must be returned on, or before, or post marked, no later then the 15th day of the following month. EXAMPLE: April's targets would have to be "Post Marked" by the 15th of May to count for score...

http://tradmla.org/tmaf/index.php?topic=22167.msg207801#msg207801

Mail To:

Joe Martin
TMA  / NMD
315 Coates St.
Crawford, NE 69339

And as a side note, I just finished switching over my Dickert cap lock rifle to flintlock for our May Silhouettes, which I hope to get out this coming Friday (May 5th) to shoot if all goes well... Now May 4th is National Prayer Day - so no doubt I'll be praying heavily on that day in preparation for May 5th... :bow

Uncle Russ:

--- Quote from: Ohio Joe --- And as a side note, I just finished switching over my Dickert cap lock rifle to flintlock for our May Silhouettes, which I hope to get out this coming Friday (May 5th) to shoot if all goes well... Now May 4th is National Prayer Day - so no doubt I'll be praying heavily on that day in preparation for May 5th... 
--- End quote ---

Joe, you seem to be trying your hardest to avoid the situation I was faced with last Friday.  ::)

That was actually my only "really bad" experience with one of those cap buster thingys, and I ain't going to just trash all the other cap busters I have, most of them have served me very well over the many years I've used them...but I will be shooting a flintlock in May!  :bow

Never owned a rifle I could change over from Flint to Percussion, but I have often thought that that must be the ultimate thing to practice, shoot, and hunt with the same rifle, same weight, same balance, same feel, but with different ignition, and it's your almost immediate choice.
If I remember right, you've had  that Dickert for some time now.   

BTW; While looking through some "stuff" in the shop the other day I came across 43 brand new / unused English Flints. They must have come from that "group buy" we had years ago. I guess I put 'em away where I thought I'd be sure to remember where they where...seem to do that a lot lately. 
Uncle Russ...

amm1851:
I tried to shoot today but when I got up to the hills west of here where I like to shoot it was raining and snowing and 34 degrees. Uncle Russ,  would you mind sending some nice weather my way for a change?   :pray:

Uncle Russ:

--- Quote from: amm1851 on May 01, 2017, 05:55:07 PM ---I tried to shoot today but when I got up to the hills west of here where I like to shoot it was raining and snowing and 34 degrees. Uncle Russ,  would you mind sending some nice weather my way for a change?   :pray:

--- End quote ---

:Doh! I would love to bud, however.....we ain't got enough nice weather to spare.

It was right at 38 degrees early this morning, but it warmed-up to a very balmy 48 by noon, and it has been pouring rain since.

(BTW:Surface temperature on the lake is just now reaching 46*F....it should be in the 60's by now!)

When we "spring" forward, it sure makes one wonder just darn far forward we are supposed to spring....never trust a dadburn Groundhog, no matter what he says!

Uncle Russ...

Ohio Joe:

--- Quote from: RussB on May 01, 2017, 05:30:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: Ohio Joe --- And as a side note, I just finished switching over my Dickert cap lock rifle to flintlock for our May Silhouettes, which I hope to get out this coming Friday (May 5th) to shoot if all goes well... Now May 4th is National Prayer Day - so no doubt I'll be praying heavily on that day in preparation for May 5th... 
--- End quote ---

Joe, you seem to be trying your hardest to avoid the situation I was faced with last Friday.  ::)

That was actually my only "really bad" experience with one of those cap buster thingys, and I ain't going to just trash all the other cap busters I have, most of them have served me very well over the many years I've used them...but I will be shooting a flintlock in May!  :bow

Never owned a rifle I could change over from Flint to Percussion, but I have often thought that that must be the ultimate thing to practice, shoot, and hunt with the same rifle, same weight, same balance, same feel, but with different ignition, and it's your almost immediate choice.
If I remember right, you've had  that Dickert for some time now.   

BTW; While looking through some "stuff" in the shop the other day I came across 43 brand new / unused English Flints. They must have come from that "group buy" we had years ago. I guess I put 'em away where I thought I'd be sure to remember where they where...seem to do that a lot lately. 
Uncle Russ...

--- End quote ---

Finding those flints was great!  :bl th up

Yes sir Russ, I've had this convertible Dickert for (oh at least - 12, 13, maybe 14 years?)  There is something to be said for having a rifle with the same weight and feel that can be shot cap or flint. Biggest thing I found is that I have to up my flintlock charge 10 grains for a 65 grain 3fg charge, while the cap lock likes both 55 and 65 grains 3fg,,, but I like to shoot 55 grains in the cap version as I save a little powder that way.

I gotta go with the flintlock in May Russ... I told myself going into this that I would rotate - cap / flint / cap / flint and so on, for the silhouette shoots. It's kind of a way for me to get a workout with both ignition systems with my rifles, and yes shamelessly I have a rifle for each month, (though ol' convertible "Candle Snuffer" [name given to me and my rifle for snuffing 25 candles in a row at a Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous quite a few years back] gets to shoot twice). You wouldn't know it the way I shoot now. :laffing  I've lost some steps with my eyesight for sure over the years.

Anyways, it's all good fun, and I can't think of a better group of folks to share shooting with, then the good folks here at the TMA!  :toast :shake 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version