TMA Events and Activites > TMA Postal Shoots

May Comments For Our May 2017 Paper Silhouettes Results

<< < (5/7) > >>

Winter Hawk:
Well, the targets are in the mail although that means they won't leave our fine village until tomorrow after 4:00 pm.  Then you can look at them and see if they really ARE touching.  I still think the critters are alive and running back & forth!  :laffing

~WH~

Ohio Joe:

--- Quote from: Winter Hawk on May 21, 2017, 05:35:09 PM ---Well, the targets are in the mail although that means they won't leave our fine village until tomorrow after 4:00 pm.  Then you can look at them and see if they really ARE touching.  I still think the critters are alive and running back & forth!  :laffing

~WH~

--- End quote ---

I think the one in question is that Turkey leg shot. Even from 1200+ miles away, it still looks like a nick/touch to me. but we'll see when they get here. Thanks WH for taking part in this. I think it's a'lot of fun. I'm going to try and get mine shot (well - shot at) this coming Wednesday.  :shake

Ohio Joe:
dmarsh and blackpowderbill, your May score's are posted. Thanks for taking part!  :toast

Ohio Joe:
Okay, tomorrows plan,,, get out to the Range and shoot my May silhouette targets.

Finally, a day without rain is the forecast for Wednesday...  I can live with a 7 to 10 mph cross wind out of the south... Then, I'm gonna go watch my grandson play baseball tomorrow evening. Both will be good times!  :bl th up (Well, don't know how the shooting will go, but I'm just happy for a decent day to go shooting.)

Ohio Joe:
Here's my May targets I shot this morning. That 7 to 10 MPH wind I talked about last night only blew when I would go to the firing line six feet away from where I was loading. At least it sure seemed that way. I feel lucky to get out of there this morning with 8 of 10. It could have been worse. (Chicken 1/3, Pig 2/2, Ram 2/2, Turkey 3/3)...

I went with my Dickert style Ed Rayl 36 inch barreled .40 caliber caplock this morning (1 in 72 twist - .010 depth Round Bottom Rifling) my load was 45 grains 2fg Goex, .018 patch & .395 ball... I think I need to thin my front sight just a hair on both sides. I had installed a thicker front brass blade sight on this rifle some time ago and just widened the "V" notch last weekend. I know, an untested sight for silhouettes, but I was itching to find out where I was with them.

Anyway, a day/morning at the Range is better then a morning at work... :bl th up

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version