Traditional Firearms > Flintlock Long Guns

Kibler Woodsrunner Maple vs Cherry stock

<< < (7/8) > >>

BEAVERMAN:
Rob, that last Maryland one you finished with the deep dark cherry red under tones,

RobD:

--- Quote from: BEAVERMAN on November 17, 2023, 06:24:53 PM ---Rob, that last Maryland one you finished with the deep dark cherry red under tones,

--- End quote ---

Maryland?  The Woodsrunner is Virginia, the SMR is North Carolina ...?

BEAVERMAN:
No, it was a gun you last finished on the ML forum, went back and looked at it and that one is not the gun I'm thinking about, must be the cherry WR that TDM last finished

RobD:
For my last three builds - all Kibler rifles and all very fancy tiger stripe maple - I use heat gunned iron nitrate (aqua fortis) as the "stain" and Tru-Oil for the clear coats.

I'm undecided what to do with this cherry stocked Woodsrunner.  I wish I'd asked Jim to send along some scraps for testing. 

Winter Hawk:

--- Quote from: RobD on November 18, 2023, 06:15:56 AM ---I'm undecided what to do with this cherry stocked Woodsrunner.  I wish I'd asked Jim to send along some scraps for testing.

--- End quote ---
You might give him a call and see if he won't send you some scraps if you refund the postage.  Especially so since you have been a good customer!

~Kees~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version