Traditional Firearms > Flintlock Long Guns

Barrel Removal

(1/3) > >>

School Belle:
Help! Can anyone tell me how to remove the barrel from a Pedersoli Scout Carbine (.32 Flintlock)? I've removed the screw on top and the two on the side and the lock, but the barrel still won't come loose. I thought it would take down the same way as the Pedersoli Frontier/Blue Ridge/Hatfield, but it doesn't.

butterchurn:
Are there pins to drift out that may be holding the barrel in the stock?  Look on the for arm and see.  I don't own one of these so I don't know.  Why are you taking the barrel out?

School Belle:

--- Quote from: "butterchurn" ---Are there pins to drift out that may be holding the barrel in the stock?  Look on the for arm and see.  I don't own one of these so I don't know.  Why are you taking the barrel out?
--- End quote ---

There are a bunch of pins--little, tiny ones--all along the wood under the barrel. I was taking it apart to see if I could, to see if I would clean it the same way as my big Pedersoli.

Bigsmoke:
Just take the lock off and use a flush tube instead.
Drifting those pins out will up the chance of messing up the wood on the forestock.  Some of those pins hold the barrel to the stock, and some of them probably hold the thimbles to the stock.

Spotted Bull:

--- Quote from: "bigsmoke" ---Just take the lock off and use a flush tube instead.
Drifting those pins out will up the chance of messing up the wood on the forestock.  Some of those pins hold the barrel to the stock, and some of them probably hold the thimbles to the stock.
--- End quote ---

Your correct, my Pedersoli Kentucky is like that and I bent a pin once......not a fun deal to straighten that little booger either......flush tube is the best way to go, especially one of the clamp-on type.  Not sure where I saw those but TOTW may have them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version