Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Tell a lie!  (Read 987 times)

Offline Hawken

• TMA Forum Member
  • "A man's WORD....is his total value!"
  • TMA Member: TMA Member #802 Expiration 05-04-2021
Tell a lie!
« on: March 01, 2018, 12:54:07 PM »
Somebody needs to write something up....even if it ain't nothing but a few lies! This place has been deader than a cue ball for a while now! Too wet to do any shooting here....nothing but rain for the past six weeks! :Doh!

Need sunshine Dear Lord...please! :bow :bow
"There ain't no freedom...without gunpowder!"

Online Bigsmoke

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA: Charter Member #150
Re: Tell a lie!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 01:14:24 PM »
That's pretty funny, Hawken.  While you are screaming for sunshine, here in LaLaLand, we are crying for rain.  And the "D" word is being tossed about.  (Drought)
According to the weather guessers, we are going to get some today or tomorrow.  Already, the wind is blowing and there is some mist in the air.  South of us, they are worrying about another mud slide situation and have issued evacuation alerts.  No fun there.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest Up to God.

BigSmoke - John Shorb
TMA Charter Member #150  
NRA - Life
Coeur d'Alene Muzzleloaders - Life

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 01:20:52 PM »
Somebody needs to write something up....even if it ain't nothing but a few lies! This place has been deader than a cue ball for a while now! Too wet to do any shooting here....nothing but rain for the past six weeks! :Doh!

I think this crazy weather has kept some of us from telling any kind of good lie....

Since early January my area has a pretty bad episode of "Hard Water".....Water hard enough to run 4 wheelers on it, build little shacks, and have heaters to warm up with.
A lot of hardy folks have been doing pretty good drilling holes in it and fishing, but this old boy ain't been out there on that ice for two or three years now.

We had a warming spell a few weeks back, got up in the high 40's with a promise of more to come.
I went down and signed up for another year at the local range, got all my stuff together, made the trip, and still couldn't get in the Range.....then that hard water weather set in again, and it looks like it may still be awhile before I can get out and tell any good lies.

Uncle Russ...

It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
  • TMA: Founder
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#6
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 01:30:43 PM »

Well, I was contacted by some foreigner awhile back, and have worked out a deal where he's gonna send me millions of dollars. Only work I had to do to git the money was to send him my checking account information so he knows where to deposit them millions.

I'm so excited about the prospect of FINALLY be'n rich (beyond my dreams), that I'm ready to celebrate by buy'n each TMA Member a muzzleloader of their choice and a big ol' bottle of their favorite beverage.  :applaud :toast  :bl th up

The feller said it might be a "week'r two" before the money gits here, so any "guests" visitin' this forum still have a liddle time to get their $15.00 sent in to become full-fledged TMA Members and git their free muzzleloaders and bottle of spirits.  :applaud
"An honest man is worth his weight in gold"
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Offline sse

• TMA Founder
  • TMA: TMA Co-Founder, Charter Member, BoD.
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #3
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 02:10:27 PM »
I'm ready to celebrate by buy'n each TMA Member a muzzleloader of their choice

great got my eye on a few... :bl th up
Regards, sse

Consider joining the TMA...If you're not a member, you're missing out...

TMA Member #3
Exp. July A.D. 1821

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 02:10:57 PM »
Rondo, that's a pretty good lie.
It's going to be hard to beat, so you're in 1st Place right now.  :toast

Uncle Russ...
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Offline Hawken

• TMA Forum Member
  • "A man's WORD....is his total value!"
  • TMA Member: TMA Member #802 Expiration 05-04-2021
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 02:33:16 PM »
Heck yeah....that's what we be a needing.....a Liar's Contest! It could be a section for the forum and when things get slow....just drop in and tell your best 'whopper' and we could then take a vote on the best lie!! Maybe we could entitle it TRUTH OR FICTION??? :lol sign :toast :*:
"There ain't no freedom...without gunpowder!"

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 02:52:34 PM »
Rondo, that's a pretty good lie.
It's going to be hard to beat, so you're in 1st Place right now.  :toast

Uncle Russ...
It'd only be a lie if I thought that foreign fellea wasn't telling me the truth.  :o
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Online dmarsh

• TMA Member: Member #798
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 03:12:53 PM »
Uh oh you could be in trouble.....was his name Hussiem Abdul Liarorio??  Represented by the law firm Dewey Cheatham and Howe???  :Doh!

Dave
"I won't be wronged.  I won't be insulted.  I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2018, 03:27:20 PM »
Uh oh you could be in trouble.....was his name Hussiem Abdul Liarorio??  Represented by the law firm Dewey Cheatham and Howe???  :Doh!

Dave
Those names do sound kind'a familiar.  :o :o :o :o
I was so excited when I got the news, I forgot to write stuff down. ☹️
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2018, 04:14:59 PM »
Heck yeah....that's what we be a needing.....a Liar's Contest! It could be a section for the forum and when things get slow....just drop in and tell your best 'whopper' and we could then take a vote on the best lie!! Maybe we could entitle it TRUTH OR FICTION??? :lol sign :toast :*:
That sounds like an interesting contest,.... so I'll be the first to donate a prize of,.....
1. SIX-PAK of EVER-SHARP FLINTS, these flints never get dull and each flint will last the shooter a "life-time".
Extra EVER-SHARP FLINTS (if you're not lucky enough to own 6 flintlocks) can be used as gifts for some of your friends.
SO,... be sure and buy NOW!

These flints normally sell for $149.99 @,.... but after a bunch'cha searchin' I found a great deal on'em for only $3.95/per six-pak with free shipping, if I bought 3 or more.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2018, 08:20:00 PM »
Rondo always finds the best deals....  :bl th up

Pssst,,,, Rondo, I got enough flintlocks - so's can I have two bottles of Crown instead? I promise I'll drink it in moderation... Oh, and I'll share....  :o   :*:
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2018, 09:24:12 PM »
You sure can Joe!  :hairy
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Online Bigsmoke

• TMA: Charter Member #150
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2018, 09:30:42 PM »
Rondo always finds the best deals....  :bl th up

Pssst,,,, Rondo, I got enough flintlocks - so's can I have two bottles of Crown instead? I promise I'll drink it in moderation... Oh, and I'll share....  :o   :*:

Back in the day when I was in the Army, I was stationed in Thailand.  For some reason, Crown Royal just didn't sell in the enlisted men's club.  So, on Thursdays, they put Crown on sale.  $0.10 (ten cents) for a drink.  So, I would go up to the club with a couple of bucks or so and that would cover a couple of hamburgers and as much CR as I wanted to drink.  Oh yeah, Joe, I will be glad to help you with that Crown, if you need the help, that is.  Friends - helping friends.  That's what it's all about !!!
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest Up to God.

BigSmoke - John Shorb
TMA Charter Member #150  
NRA - Life
Coeur d'Alene Muzzleloaders - Life

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2018, 10:17:47 PM »
I got us a'little stash for July, Rondo  :bl th up :*:

Friends - helping friends.  That's what it's all about !!!

Amen John!  :bl th up

I remember we always drank Schlitz (my spelling might be a bit off) at the EM and NCO club's. That was the drink of the day. Boy was it awful!!! :laffing
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska