Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: New Member Introductions  (Read 274 times)

Offline SharpStick

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA: State Represenative, AZ
  • TMA Member: Membership #806 Expires 8/11/2021
New Member Introductions
« on: April 05, 2017, 06:22:08 PM »
I found this site, find it very interesting get registered and then get an email saying maybe you ought to post something, like an introduction. So I peruse the site looking for a good place to do that. I find several posts saying go introduce yourself in the "Introductions Area".  I look for that. Can't find any such area or forum or topic or nothin'.

So I'll start it myself.   :D
The trouble with doing things right the first time is no one realizes how hard it was.
Often, however, the following is more applicable.
I stand corrected, a position somewhat painful to achieve, but once there, is quite satisfying.

Posts starting 6/20/20 - 151
Posts ending  9/20/20 - (?)

Offline SharpStick

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA: State Represenative, AZ
  • TMA Member: Membership #806 Expires 8/11/2021
Re: New Member Introductions
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 06:52:19 PM »
Waaaaaa!

A few weeks ago my son invited me to help him at the Mogollon Mountain Man Rendezvous. I pulled out all my old mountain man regalia from a previous rendezvous, tried it on. I was looking in the mirror and something was missing.  A smokepole!  Bought a kit and put together a Traditions Mountain Rifle. Spent 4 days at the rendezvous.  It's quite an event. 800+ young men ages 14-15 (Varsity Scouts) dressed up as mountain men and running around with knives and tomahawks. All kinds of mountain man related activities with black powder muzzleloader shooting one of the most popular.  Take a look http://mesamountainman.com/.

Now that I have my muzzleloader I'm trying to find the time and place to shoot it and info on how to do it properly and safely.  I can just picture myself out in the desert all alone with a rifle that just went to pieces on the first shot  :P  That's what brought me to TMA.   And what a find!  Tons of info here. Already found links to local groups. I'm sure I'll find some willing to give advice  ;).

I'm from Mesa Arizona. I like shooting. And playing mountain man. And now I'm old enough to not care and just laugh at the looks I get walking into a convenience store with all my regalia on. And when I've grown my beard out for 6 months and have knives and tomahawks tucked in in my belt and a smokepole in my hands the kids don't call me Santa.  :laffing  I'll post pictures when I figure out how to do it.  I've taken a few shots with black powder before with other people's rifles and pistol's. Now I'm looking forward to seeing how well mine shoots.

And my first question:
How do I get an icon/picture next to my name like others I see?
Most forums have that as part of the profile, but on this new site I don't see anywhere to do that.

The trouble with doing things right the first time is no one realizes how hard it was.
Often, however, the following is more applicable.
I stand corrected, a position somewhat painful to achieve, but once there, is quite satisfying.

Posts starting 6/20/20 - 151
Posts ending  9/20/20 - (?)

Offline RobD

• TMA Admin
  • TMA President & Contributing Member
Re: New Member Introductions
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 07:22:17 PM »
Welcome to the TMA sir!   :wave

Our cyber campfire burns 24x7, so anytime is a good time for a visit with friends.   :*:

Sure sounds like yer havin' trad ml fun, and that's what this is all about - along with learning more of the old dayze and old ways.

If you click on the "Profile" menu item, then "Modify Profile" / "Forum Profile", you'll see where you can add an avatar.  While yer at it, since you registered on the old forum, this new forum's registration asks for your name and US state, and that can be added at the profile menu as well.

Thanx and Have Fun!  :shake

RobD.