TMA Events and Activites > TMA Postal Shoots

June 2020 Monthly Postal Match Results

(1/3) > >>

Ohio Joe:

June 2020 Monthly Postal Match Results;

Match Code.................................Smoothbore / Offhand............................

25SBO.........25 Yards - Smoothbore - 5 Shots - TMA Target - XX-1B

Paulk.........................47-1x

50SBO.........50 Yards - Smoothbore - 5 Shots - TMA Target - XB-1B

Paulk.........................29-0x

Match Code.........................................Rifle / Offhand................................

25RFO........25 Yards - Rifle - 5 Shots - TMA Target - DB-50

No Powder.................48-0x
PaulK........................47-0x
Lynn Burman..............44-1x
Ohio Joe....................42-0x
Winter Hawk..............41-0x
Nessmuk...................36-0x

50RFO........50 Yards - Rifle - 5 Shots -  TMA Target - SB-75

Ohio Joe.....................45-0x
Nessmuk....................41-1x
No Powder..................41-0x
PaulK.........................39-0x
Winter Hawk...............27-1x

Match Code.......................................Handgun / Standing............................

15HGS.........15 Yds - Handgun - 5 Shots - TMA Target - SB-PR

Nessmuk....................49-2x

25HGS.........25 Yds - Handgun - 5 Shots - TMA Target - BT-PR

Nessmuk....................20-0x

Match Code.......................................Rest Matches (Bench or X-Sticks)..........

50RFR..........50 Yds - Rifle - 5 Shots at TMA SB-PR Target

Nessmuk....................44-0x

100RFR.......100 Yds - Rifle - 5 Shots at TMA SB-75 Target

Nessmuk....................37-1x

Ohio Joe:
And my monthly 25 yard Flintlock Rifle scores continue to drop... :Doh!

I shot a 45 in April, then a 43 in May, now a 42 in June... Might be time to face the fact that I'm not the Flintlock Rifle shooter I use to be when I was younger... But,,, flintlocks are so danged fun to shoot, and it's darn good practice for if (and maybe even when) it might become the rule of the land, rather then a choice...

Anyway, it's still all good fun!!!  :hairy

Maven:
Sorry to say I'm in the same boat, Joe. To look at it another way, even professional athletes (remember professional sports?) have days, even weeks, they'd rather forget.  However, as you said, it is indeed fun and good practice, and it helps keep us humble. :lol sign  :shake

Ohio Joe:

--- Quote ---However, as you said, it is indeed fun and good practice, and it helps keep us humble. :lol sign  :shake
--- End quote ---

Indeed it does Maven. Indeed it does...  :toast :shake

My next trip out I'll see if I've corrected what I feel is (hopefully was) the problem... Both front and rear sights had the about a .020 thousands cant - so I corrected that (the rear sight last night and the front sight when I got back from the Range this morning)...

Also, I was just out in my work shop going through some aiming exercises -picking up the rifle and aiming it,,, then realized I haven't been aiming with both eyes open (which I normally do)... Boy, you get older and you forget things... LOL!!!

Though I don't know if I'm just slacking off because I'm shooting by myself as I never seem to take "practice" very seriously like I do when shooting with others on the line such as at Rendezvous, or a plinking outing with friends, but I do know I need to practice my mechanics all the time (to include the TMA Postal Matches), which on reflection I don't think I am...

Still, those bad days at the Range are still better then a day at work... 

Winter Hawk:

--- Quote from: Ohio Joe on June 19, 2020, 06:55:58 PM ---Still, those bad days at the Range are still better then a day at work...
--- End quote ---

Now how would you know, Joe?  You're RETIRED, remember?  Just yanking your chain a little....

Oh, and my targets are winging trucking their way to you, as we speak write!

~Kees~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version