TMA Events and Activites > Past TMA Postal Shoots and Data

*TMA SIGHT RULES*

<< < (3/5) > >>

Ohio Joe:
I hate to even share this next bit of info, but I will...

Two days ago my ol' huntin' buddy from years back, we got together out at our local Range just to do some 22lr plinking off the bench from 50 and 100 yards... My shoulder and neck area has been stiff and sore since then... I think I'd of been better off to have taken one of my muzzleloader's and shot offhand... I don't think my muscles have muscle memory anymore...  :P

Done in by the massive recoil of the .22lr subsonic ammo... What a world... :laffing

Russ, I do recall you mentioning that match.  One must use those 3 minutes wisely,,, nap 2-1/2 minutes - then wake up and shoot... :lol sign

Winter Hawk:
Joe, that reminds me of w-a-y back, when I was in Jr. High, the school (which went 1st through 12th grade) had a ROTC program, with a rifle range and an armory.  The Master Sergeant who taught military science gave a small group of us a riflery class after school.  We would check out a M1 and practice dry firing; the first week it was prone, the second sitting, the third kneeling and finally off hand.  Then we all gathered at the range on a Saturday to fire real ammo - with single shot .22s!  :o  We were each given one box of rounds to expend from the prone position.  The following day my buddy who got me into the program was bragging of how he had a big bruise on his shoulder from the recoil!  :Doh!
 :lol sign

~Kees~

Ohio Joe:
 :lol sign That's a good one Kees!  :laffing

I think my neck and shoulders soreness came from not shooting off a bench rest but for one time in the last 3 years, and then here I am shooting off one in cool weather conditions. Using those muscles in a shooting position I haven't used in a long time - which the cooler weather didn't help, and the rest position really didn't fit me... Next time I'll know better and take my own (home made bench & rest)...  :) :bl th up   

Uncle Russ:
Joe, I got up off the floor of the shop today, all by myself!
No I didn't fall again.... :toast
A box of Canning Jars got pushed off a shelf and I did my duty of cleaning it up, and hiding the evidence.
(SWMBO does not take kindly to me bustin up her canning stuff.)
 :yessir:

Ohio Joe:

--- Quote from: Uncle Russ on November 22, 2019, 10:37:17 PM ---Joe, I got up off the floor of the shop today, all by myself!
No I didn't fall again.... :toast
A box of Canning Jars got pushed off a shelf and I did my duty of cleaning it up, and hiding the evidence.
(SWMBO does not take kindly to me bustin up her canning stuff.)
 :yessir:

--- End quote ---

:lol sign

Just goes to show you can't keep a good man down! Especially when there's a fear factor involved... :laffing  :hairy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version