TMA Events and Activites > Past TMA Postal Shoots and Data

*TMA SIGHT RULES*

<< < (2/5) > >>

Uncle Russ:
I have one Rifle with a Lyman 57, on a fast-twist used one time for "chunkin" and it worked pretty good out to 200 yds,  several years back
The Lyman 57 is on my old modified Renegade with 4 barrels, one barrel being a GM Fast Twist of 1:26 which is the barrel I used in that Chunkin.
( I did draw a crowd at the public range when I was zeroing at 200 for the Chunk Match....and they did manage to burn-up about a dozen paper patch rounds.)

The beauty of the Lyman 57 is the sight itself pops on and off with the push of a button, leaving the barrels with rear and front sights, while the mount remains on the gun.
I have also shot the Lyman 57 with the aperture removed and it "might" help a bit as a ghost ring, but when you wear glasses anyway, you are at the mercy of your prescription, and there's nothing short of a scope that's going to really help all that nonsense....
On another note: as far as Chunkin, i didn't win anything, didn't even place, but shootin 14" X 14" Cedar shingles at 200 yards is a hoot, never mind there is actually an "x" on them.

I've been told this little get together has now moved their targets to 100 yds in order to "promote" their little outing...in their game, the smaller the groups the bigger the prize.

Ohio Joe:
Russ, I got a Lyman 57 Aperture set-up on my .50 cal X-Stick Rifle with a 1-1/8" x 36" GM Barrel for 50 and 100 yard shooting when at our Nebraska State ML Annual Shoot - near Cairo, Nebraska... Certainly not an offhand rifle, but she'll Medal in the top three at 100 yards. I need to get back into this X-Stick Shooting, I've always enjoyed it... 'course, I was younger then... It's not so much the eyes with the peep as it is with the muscles, all that up and down...

Maven:
"It's not so much the eyes with the peep as it is with the muscles, all that up and down...."  Ohio Joe

Ain't it the truth, Joe! :laffing  Not so many years ago the ALR Forum used to sponsor an "over-the'log" match of sorts, but as you said, all that up and down wasn't popular with the participants.  Needless to say, they don't offer it any longer.

Ohio Joe:

--- Quote from: Maven on November 21, 2019, 06:28:22 PM ---"It's not so much the eyes with the peep as it is with the muscles, all that up and down...."  Ohio Joe

Ain't it the truth, Joe! :laffing  Not so many years ago the ALR Forum used to sponsor an "over-the'log" match of sorts, but as you said, all that up and down wasn't popular with the participants.  Needless to say, they don't offer it any longer.

--- End quote ---

I remember that, Maven... Daryl (up in Canada) if I recall, was the one holding that once a year...

I did get in it... One year, If I recall, I paid $10.00 to get in it and I won $5.00... :laffing  Currency exchange I reckon...  :laffing

I'm not sure which one is easier, getting up off one's butt from the x-sticks, or getting up off one's belly from the chunk - and both with a bit of satisfaction that we could at least get down the first time to get that rifle over the log, but that 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th times sure played with our muscles with that down and up...  :laffing   

Uncle Russ:
Joe, after I posted the above post I suddenly remembered having told you about that match....I think.
Any who, I was pleased as punch just to hit the board!

BTW: You're both spot on about that "gettin up and down" to load! I was actually thankful it was only a 10 shot event, but I was bit aggravated about the 3 minutes to fire after you're in position. After about the 3rd or 4th shot I realized those old farts were just as bad off as myself and used that extra time as "break time".
 :lol sign

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version