Shooting Traditional Firearms and Weapons > General Interest

PC brass tacks

(1/3) > >>

Iktomi:
I plan on using brass tacks as a decoration on my GPR. TOTW sells 3 types, a cone headed tack, and a low and high domed tack. Is there a style that is appropriate to the 1840's, or is it simply a matter of personal preference?

BEAVERMAN:
If you go with the low dome you cant go wrong,these tacks have hardened steel wire shanks, if your looking for all brass check out the trunk shoppe? I think thats how they spell shop.

jtwodogs:
Just a note form a pure novice, I saw a GPR that had worn some tacks for a few years, some were broke off in the stock, some shanks had been pulled some had not.
Could have been what I consider one of the ugliest accoutrement's I have ever seen.
I know to each his own,  but how ugly this stock had become. Just make sure you want it before you go through with it.

tg:
I am certain you are aware of the need of pilot holes when applying tacks to gunstocks but thought I would mention it.Tacks can add to a gun and it can be a fun project, I would use caution where you put them if you have whiskers, shaving is a lot less painfull

jbullard1:
I add a 1/4" brass tack for each successful hunt for deer and each shoot won  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version