Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Need help with the Traditional ML Forum  (Read 424 times)

Offline Maven

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA: Supporting Member #778
  • TMA Member: Expiration date; 10/21/2021
Need help with the Traditional ML Forum
« on: October 28, 2018, 11:10:28 AM »
If any here are also members of the Traditional ML Forum, have you had a problem logging on to it since they updated and improved ::) the site?  I am a premium member  and can neither retrieve my password or contact anyone there.  E.g., in the "Contact Us" section, you are asked for your email address, subject of the inquiry, and must somehow reproduce a Captcha, which doesn't appear even when, as per instructions, the screen is "refreshed" (that only erases everything).  Btw, there's not even a place for the Captcha even if one was generated. 

To the point, does anyone have contact information for any of the moderators over there, because I sure can't access it?  I suspect they'll get the bugs worked out, but as I write, it certainly seems they dropped the ball on this one and no one is around to address it. :o  This is very frustrating!!!

Online dmarsh

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Member: Member #798
Re: Need help with the Traditional ML Forum
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 11:30:06 AM »
Yep I have the same problem and no way to contact them.  I got an email from ADUI (Terry) our shoot coordinator on that site and he can't get in either.  I suspect that we have to wait until they can fix reCAPTCHA as so far that doesn't seem to work so you cannot reset your password or use the "contact us" button.  There are no recent posts from what I can see so I assume all members are in the same boat. ::) :Doh!

Dave
"I won't be wronged.  I won't be insulted.  I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline mark/wi

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 11:42:54 AM »
Same problem I have trying to get on.

Offline Fyrstyk

• TMA Forum Member
  • "When your dumb, you gotta be tough"
  • TMA Member: Member #799
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 11:49:24 AM »
Me too!  Can't seem to contact the administrator to fix it, but from what I am reading here I am not alone.  Hopefully they will get the bugs worked out soon.

Offline Maven

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 12:52:58 PM »
Got an email from Dutch Schoultz a little while ago and he's in the same boat as we are.  Funny thing, I thought about writing (an actual letter!) to Terry too, but you've convinced me not to.

Spotted Bull

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 10:27:44 PM »
I hit the "forgot your password" button and it went straight to the page to enter my email. Got the email, clicked the link and reset it right there.

Online Bigsmoke

• TMA: Charter Member #150
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2018, 10:54:10 PM »
The problem with an all volunteer organization, regardless whether it is muzzleloading or snail breeding, is that the volunteers have lives away from the computer.  I would imagine that is what this problem is, Rob is away for the day or weekend or whatever.
FWIW, it appears to be working now, as evidenced by the posts that have followed.
Hang in there, if you are still having difficulties.  They should be fixed soonly.
John
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest Up to God.

BigSmoke - John Shorb
TMA Charter Member #150  
NRA - Life
Coeur d'Alene Muzzleloaders - Life

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 02:51:46 AM »
The problem with an all volunteer organization, regardless whether it is muzzleloading or snail breeding, is that the volunteers have lives away from the computer.  I would imagine that is what this problem is, Rob is away for the day or weekend or whatever.
FWIW, it appears to be working now, as evidenced by the posts that have followed.
Hang in there, if you are still having difficulties.  They should be fixed soonly.
John

John, I honestly believe they are are talking about that other Muzzleloading Forum, or "Claude's forum as it is often referred to. Our Rob has been busy as a cat in a sandbox for the past 3 or 4 days, on THIS forum!

I think the other site will be back on-line pretty soon.

Jus'sayin

Russ...
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Online dmarsh

• TMA Member: Member #798
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 08:50:42 AM »
Yes we are talking about the other forum that used to be owned by Claude and apparently they have it fixed as I was able to reset my password and get in. :hairy

Dave
"I won't be wronged.  I won't be insulted.  I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Maven

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2018, 11:11:47 AM »
Yes, it was the "other" forum and it is now mostly debugged! :applaud