The Center of Camp > The Campfire

Netflix / Frontier

(1/2) > >>

Ohio Joe:
Anyone else been watching this show "Frontier" on Netflix? Friend of mine told me about it so I've been watching the first season episodes. It's not to bad and beats watching what's on TV that don't have muzzle loaders, hawks, knives, swords, and bows & arrows in them.  

Lonewolfe20:
Was gonna binge watch it this weekend my brother told me about it earlier this week.  I hadn't heard of it until then

Ohio Joe:

--- Quote ---Was gonna binge watch it
--- End quote ---

That's what I did.  

amm1851:
I could barely make it through one episode. Too much of a stretch for me.

Sir Michael:
I watched the first season and was sorely disappointed.  Some of the clothing was way to modern in cut, the use of leather was in many cases every inappropriate (ladies dresses and outfits and some of the men's suits), and the military uniforms for the most part didn't conform to any British military standards (mixed colors for facings, collars, and cuffs) not to mention styling.  This was a constant distraction as well as the time setting of approximately 100 years after the formation of the Company sets the time at 1770 but the presence of British military uniforms from 1799 were clearly shown on several occasions.   All of this combined with the use of numerous knives as clothing decoration made it difficult to watch.  The continual stream of graphic violence didn't help.  I've seen it described as "Game of Thrones for Canada".  Watching it is kind of like watching a train wreck but you can't help your self.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version