Craftsmanship > Gun Building and Repair

English Game Gun Project

<< < (7/8) > >>

gunmaker:
Finished her up yesterday, and shipped out to client, for upcoming Nevada bull elk hunt.  

Uncle Russ:
Very nice!  
I really do like that setup.
What pad did you put on it?  

Uncle Russ...

Also....Nice tutorial along the way too!

gunmaker:
The client wanted a rubber pad, so I put on a Pachmayr brown super mag 1" thick---he's worried about recoil !!!  Hurts my eyes but it's his gun...Tom

Uncle Russ:

--- Quote from: "gunmaker" ---The client wanted a rubber pad, so I put on a Pachmayr brown super mag 1" thick---he's worried about recoil !!!  Hurts my eyes but it's his gun...Tom
--- End quote ---

I thought it was probably a Pachmayr, but I was also wondering if LimbSaver finally had come out with something like that nowadays.

I suspect you have to squint your eyes quite a bit when doing customer work.
My little POC probably made ya downright sick!  

But not to worry, you'll get over it......eventually.

Don't throw the pattern away on that English Game Gun, we may need to talk if a couple of my deals come around, and if my child bride will hurry up and get on the heal.
Anyway, we'll talk some time.

Uncle Russ....

gunmaker:
We're ALL pulling for the little lady Russ,  The boss woman here has had her knee replaced & has taken early retirement to boot--so we are in new territory around here as well.  Will let you know how that .50 prints as soon as client gets her sighted in, he's promised a target, hope next week.  That's an Ed Rayl bbl. so should be a real tack driver, a long wait but worth it....Tom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version