Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Deer encounter  (Read 246 times)

Offline Maven

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA: Supporting Member #778
  • TMA Member: Expiration date; 10/21/2021
Deer encounter
« on: October 13, 2018, 04:44:17 PM »
Lady Hawk's post, "Best Day Ever in the Woods," reminded me of a deer encounter the other day that took me quite by surprise.  You see I was casting bullets and kept the window next to my electric furnace (Lee Precision) open and the basement sliding door open as well for ventilation.  When I finished casting, and went to close the sliding door, there staring me in the face not 20 feet away was a spike buck and three of his friends (girl friends?). I said "hi!" then quietly closed the door and went back inside:  They didn't run away, but merely continued eating.  Deer are commonly seen in my neighborhood, which is in a hilly, tree covered area of my city, but this one was closer than usual and quite unexpected.  I often see them when I ride my bike and the generally just look up and then continue their meal.

This just in:  Not only deer, but this morning's newspaper, The Daily Freeman (10/14/18) reports three bears were seen (2 captured) in midtown Kingston, NY, which is ~2 miles from my house!  More info. about it can be seen on TDF's website, but it is slow and somewhat frustrating to use.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 09:43:27 AM by Maven »