The Traditional Muzzleloading Association > TMA Information

Insecure log-in?

(1/2) > >>

amm1851:
I just updated my Mozilla Firefox browser (had no choice), and when I tried to log in here I got a pop-up message telling me that the log-in to the site is insecure and my password could be vulnerable. It recommended contacting an administrator, so that is what I am doing. Help?  :?

Spotted Bull:
I use Firefox daily. Your password isnt very vulnerable. Is there a way to bypass that message and go on to the site?

Uncle Russ:
FWIW; I recall a similar message from Firefox months ago...I soon figured out it wouldn't go away as long as I used that Bookmark, so I deleted the Bookmark, did a fresh search for TMA, logged in at that time and created a new Bookmark.

Since that time I have received that same message on a couple other websites I visit pretty regularly, but I have not done anything about it.

I, personally, don't think any website is totally secure, and that is the reason for passwords IMO. And, I don't know why Firefox does that with "some" websites and not others.

I'm pretty sure our Admin will see this and respond accordingly and he is well qualified person to be doing so.

Uncle Russ...

amm1851:
Sounds good.  Computer stuff usually has me bumfoozled!

greyhunter:
I see that right after I sign out from the site, but always click on another web site so not too concerned with the temporary, insecure warning. Would be interesting to see if our webmaster can solve this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version