Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Here she is!  (Read 3218 times)

Offline Roaddog

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA Member: TMA Paid Member # 247 Expires 3/15 / 2019
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2008, 06:38:48 AM »
It looks like you shoot purty good too. I'm gld to see you tow are getting along so well.
Minnesota TMA State Representative

Member #247

Offline jtwodogs

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2008, 10:57:38 AM »
These rifles that I see so often on here are not just for the most part shooters. But actual works of art in every sense of the word.

I have my share of plastic and stainless steel. To me these are tools. Something like the "Lady of the woods", is IMHO to be taken in like a fine piece of art. Does that sound crazy, oh well call me crazy.
#423 renew 3/14/10
George Washington
" It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and Bible."
 May 12, 1779

Offline Captchee

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2008, 11:14:11 AM »
Quote from: "jack simpson"
These rifles that I see so often on here are not just for the most part shooters. But actual works of art in every sense of the word.

I have my share of plastic and stainless steel. To me these are tools. Something like the "Lady of the woods", is IMHO to be taken in like a fine piece of art. Does that sound crazy, oh well call me crazy.
no not really jack . the point however though is not only are they art  but they are also  working guns .
i  know the ones i make  are intended to be used , it actually saddens me when they are not .
 The thing about these rifles is they IMO actually grow more graceful  and pleasing to the eye with age and use . Its almost as if they grown  with knowledge . While at the same time one that never gets used , always looks brand new . We can woooo and ohhhhh over them but  we  cant really wonder at all they have seen .
 Kinda like picking up  an old original SXS  that’s in poor shape . While the lines are still there and we can tell that at one time she was a  wonderful piece , we also  stand in aaaaahh at the possibilities of all its life experiences . The things is has seen , gone , experienced .  We wonder at all the different people who may have held her , used her . The things those people experienced saw ??? Its all there .
 While it to is still a work of art . That art takes second seat to  her  history that’s hidden within its life.

Lady of the woods rifle will be one of these .
 Many years down the road  her granddaughter or grand sons  may wonder at this rifle .
100 years from now  maybe her great grand children will  see its grace and patina. Maybe heft it and feel the warmth of the stock  and thus  wonder about lady of the woods and who she was .
  Maybe 100 years from now the  rifle will be in poor shape , maybe the   quality of art will be  mostly lost  . But to  those of  us with the  feelings for these rifles . If such people  still exist 100-150 years from now . They will pick her up and  feel her spirit  just as we today pick up an original rifle from  150-200 years ago .

Offline medbill

• TMA Forum Member
    • http://www.redwhiteandblueoutdoors.com
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2008, 09:45:44 PM »
She certainly is a beauty and well said Charles!  Enjoy and best of luck with your fine rifle.

Offline Swamp

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2008, 12:24:05 AM »
She has your eyes Zan!  :rt th

Well said Capt! I totally agree with your statement.
Swamp
TMA Member #219 - Exp 9-1-13

Offline Renegade

• TMA Forum Member
Re: Here she is!
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2009, 07:39:27 AM »
I have 2 words  AWE SOME
All Tyranny needs to gain a foot hold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
  Thomas Jefferson

Offline jerry

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2009, 05:22:41 PM »
Now that looks like a mighty fine rifle you got there little Lady. My best opinion she'll make you proud whenever you take her out for a spell. Good luck with Her and congradulations..
Jerry
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife."
                           Daniel Boone

NMLRA  --   Member
NRA      --    Member
Whitesmoke   --   2 Feathers

Offline pathfinder

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2009, 05:33:56 PM »
That is one fine rifle!!! I've had the pleasure of shooting and talking with Mr. Dangler for a great number of years in Tecumseh. A finer gentleman you'll not find. ALWAYS helpful if you have gun questions or just shoot the breeze over a bowl of Hack's bean soup! You'll love the gun :shake
NRA life member
NMLRA

Offline Lady of the Woods

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2009, 10:27:36 PM »
Thanks again for the nice compliments, she's a shooter alright, not a wallhanger!

you are sure right Pathfinder! Mr. Dangler is a true gentleman and a pleasure to work with! I honestly feel that the hour or two he spent with me after I bought her made it even more special to me.

My only regret is I just can't seem to get out and shoot her enough! time sure is a tough commodity to come by aint it!
Zan
Lady of the Woods
member #358. Exp. 7/1/09.