Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: NorthwestMuseum Muzzleloading Videos  (Read 2442 times)

Offline oomcurt

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2008, 02:17:41 PM »
Imho...what has changed is the mindset of people today, especially the younger ones. All one hears today, be it regarding seat belts, smoking, whatever....is "safety". In short...we have turned into a nation of a combination or health and safety freaks. Really. I've been around for a long long time..and I have done things/had jobs where some things just "came with the territory". Did anyone get their nose out of joint because of that? Hell no. If one thinks about it...look at where this "noise" today is really coming from. Activists of one kind or another...plain and simple. Look at the ads in magazines and tv...the majority of them are concerning some type of health aid or cosmetic. If not that...they are telling one to "buy this", "you need that", etc. Then we have this wacky thing where some damm pharmaceutical is advertised where one should "see their doctor to see if they need it"! Of all the damm stupid things...sheesh. I could go on and on...but today for the most part people are lemmings, one dives into the sea and hordes follow that one. People have in my opinion forgotten to be independant. They have forgotten to in most cases think. So....others have gotten this hairbrained idea that they must tell these lemmings how to live.

Ok, I'm over my rant.....
TMA member #177
Interest: Rocky Mt'n Fur Trade
March 1 2008

Spotted Bull

(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 03:08:52 PM »
Back to the original post.........

Boy those sure are some informative videos, aren't they???

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
  • TMA: Founder
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#6
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2008, 08:44:37 AM »
Quote from: "Puffer"
Here is a story.
As I mentioned before, 2 yr.s ago, I was CRSO for PPR. (eyes & ears req.)

I was positioned about 30 yd.s away from position 1 on the trail walk, when I saw a man & 4 youth approaching the position. I could not see any "eyes" on anyone, so I started to move in. But I soon found out that I did not have to say anything. WHY"

I had not taken more than a couple of steps, when I saw one of the shooters ( an "OLD TIMER") approach the group. I did not hear what he said, but the "adult", with a "raised' voice" basically told the "OLD TIMER" to "stuff It."

The next thing I heard was a Cease Fire & Dry them Up, from the Line. As I got to the "group, I was joined by 4 other shooters (also "old timers") & told that they would handle it. They then gave him the option to either get eyes & ears or forgetting about shooting "THEIR" range.

I was told, "Puffer, you may be the "official RSO" but Range Safety is all of our' responsibility. We may not personally agree with the "eyes & ears" for us adults, but thems the rules PLUS the youth NEED them.

Puffer

"If you see a man approaching you with the obvious intent of doing you good, you should run for your life." Henry David Thoreau
"An honest man is worth his weight in gold"
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6