Shooting Traditional Firearms and Weapons > General Interest

!!! LYMAN RECALL !!!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Riley/MN:
I have tried to find this on the Lyman site, and have even contacted them for the "official" word. Where were you able to find the recall info? Thanks

RobD:
i haven't seen anything about the recall on the lyman website.  recall info by way of midsouth shooters.

Uncle Russ:
I received a letter from Midway USA informing me of the recall on 2/21/2018.
I feel pretty sure just about everybody that had placed a order received this same letter.

In fact, I received that letter even though they had cancelled my order for the GPR Flinter, last year, after a 3 to 4 months waiting period when I received another letter saying that due to record sales response the Rifle was no longer available.
Apparently they went through their Orders, and not their Shipping Records for this notification.

Below is a quick Screen Capture of the letter I got

I also got a letter from Mid-South Shooting, which is much more detailed and looks like the Letter Rob posted.

Uncle Russ...

Updated; 2/23/2018

blackpowderbill:
I spoke with Lyman and filed the claims & they emailed return invoices. So in a few weeks will get boxes and labels as per phone my discussion.

According to what I was told the problem is in the breech plugs some manufacturing error. IMO probably heat treating ???

Sure sux seeing as I had 2 delivered 2 weeks ago.  :Doh!

I found this out while searching for round ball moulds it popped up on MidSouth Shooters page.

smokepolepaul:
Just talked to Lyman.  The first return boxes they sent out didn't hold up.  For those of us that haven't received a box, cardboard tubes will be sent out next week.

Replacement barrels will be shipped starting the end of April according to the nice lady at Lyman I talked to this morning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version