Traditional Firearms > Pre-Flintock Firearms

Where to buy matchlocks

<< < (2/3) > >>

gunmaker:
Beware of those "fishtail" musket's.  Most people can't get on stock for a good site picture.  I've made a number of them, from scratch all except the barrels.  I use a slightly more "modern" design on buttstock that has a trad. look but you can see down the bbl.  Sorry I don't have any pic's of gun's but here's a pic of my proto type late lock with pan on lock plate.   ....Tom

Salty_Possum:

--- Quote from: "gunmaker" ---Beware of those "fishtail" musket's.  Most people can't get on stock for a good site picture.  I've made a number of them, from scratch all except the barrels.  I use a slightly more "modern" design on buttstock that has a trad. look but you can see down the bbl.  Sorry I don't have any pic's of gun's but here's a pic of my proto type late lock with pan on lock plate.   ....Tom
--- End quote ---

Just out of curiosity what do you charge for one and can I see pics if possible? I don't have the money now but I'm looking at all my options.
'/

bluelake:
I recommend John Buck--he crafted my Japanese/Korean style matchlock, but he specializes in European styles.  http://www.musketmart.com/

MedicineSoldier:
I can only share that I am pretty happy with my Matchlock from Middlesex.  I did redo it to slim it down, clean up metal parts and restain but as far as function it was fine even before the makeover.  

That being said I am not saying it is the best choice or way to go.

Medicine Soldier

Uncle Russ:
Uumm....a rather modest statement I'd say, what with that big bird laying there under it.

Good on you MedicineSoldier, ya seem to be a man to walk the river with.

Uncle Russ....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version