Traditional Firearms > Traditional Archery

My Osage Orange Horse Bow in the makin'

<< < (2/6) > >>

Ohio Joe:

--- Quote ---Joe,.... if'n I ever get close enough to a rattle snake to "wrestle" him,.... there ain't gonna be enough left of that slitherin' critter to "back" a toothpick. :o (I hate snakes)
--- End quote ---

I hear ya Rondo, but I wouldn't be able to hear ya for long as I'd be a quarter mile down the road... :lol sign

rollingb:

--- Quote from: Ohio Joe on January 28, 2019, 02:13:54 PM ---
--- Quote ---Joe,.... if'n I ever get close enough to a rattle snake to "wrestle" him,.... there ain't gonna be enough left of that slitherin' critter to "back" a toothpick. :o (I hate snakes)
--- End quote ---

I hear ya Rondo, but I wouldn't be able to hear ya for long as I'd be a quarter mile down the road... :lol sign

--- End quote ---
:hairy :lol sign......Joe,... I don't remember if I ever told you the story (while we were *cough, cough* drinkin' coffee around the campfire), 'bout when I was a young'un (a bit younger'n Lucas), and I was swingin' on a limb of an old apple tree my folks had behind their house, when a big ol' snake (20-30 feet long :o) dropped down across my neck and shoulders.  :o

After runnin' a spell, I noticed the snake was GONE, and after my heart slowed down to about 300 beats'a minute, I finally had time to do some thinkin',... and figgured I must'a jiggled that critter loose from a limb higher up above, while he was on his way up to a bird's nest lookin for baby birds.  :o

I never swung on that apple tree limb agin, without havin' a gun in one hand.  :hairy

Uncle Russ:

--- Quote from: rollingb on January 28, 2019, 11:18:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: Ohio Joe on January 28, 2019, 08:16:26 AM ---That's looking good Rondo. We've both known Steve for a long time and one thing about the Donker's is if they're doing something for you - it's gonna be done right! I can hardly wait to see it at the Rendezvous this year.  :bl th up

Heck Rondo, I'm surprised you didn't go down on the Cimarron River and wrestle yourself a couple sidewinders to send Steve... :o

--- End quote ---

Joe,.... if'n I ever get close enough to a rattle snake to "wrestle" him,.... there ain't gonna be enough left of that slitherin' critter to "back" a toothpick. :o (I hate snakes)

--- End quote ---

My goodness, there is hope fer Rondo!  :applaud

Ain't never going to be no snakeskin on anything I have to hold in my hand, period....
I realize it's a very popular thing to do, and there's much to be said about doing this, but personally, I would end up killing my own bow before I shot the first arrow.

I hate snakes! Live ones, dead ones, even sticks that look like snakes.
Snakes, much like electricity, seems to always make me hurt myself!
At my age, ya just don't take that chance.

Russ...

rollingb:

--- Quote from: Uncle Russ on January 28, 2019, 03:19:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: rollingb on January 28, 2019, 11:18:33 AM ---

Joe,.... if'n I ever get close enough to a rattle snake to "wrestle" him,.... there ain't gonna be enough left of that slitherin' critter to "back" a toothpick. :o (I hate snakes)

--- End quote ---

My goodness, there is hope fer Rondo!  :applaud

Ain't never going to be no snakeskin on anything I have to hold in my hand, period....
I realize it's a very popular thing to do, and there's much to be said about doing this, but personally, I would end up killing my own bow before I shot the first arrow.

I hate snakes! Live ones, dead ones, even sticks that look like snakes.
Snakes, much like electricity, seems to always make me hurt myself!
At my age, ya just don't take that chance.

Russ...

--- End quote ---

:lol sign :laffing,...... Russ,... smashin' my bow to death IS one of my concerns.  :hairy :lol sign

I can just picture,.... me'n Joe sittin' around the campfire at night (drinkin' *cough, cough* coffee),.... and after the coffee bottle is empty, I go stumblein'/staggerin' back to my camp and fall into bed,.... and when I wake up the next morning, I see my brand-new bow all "kinked and crooked" on the ground, where I must'a accidently stepped on it when I went to bed,... so I pick it up and place it beside me on the bed, while lovingly and carefully straightin' it all back out.

As the fog in my brain begins to lift, and my vision starts to clear,.... I then,.... notice my wife has already hung my new bow from the tent's ridge pole, where it is safe and out of the way.  :) :bl th up

The first thing that usually pops into my hed, under such circumstances, is,...... "hummm,..... I don't 'member buyin' 2 bows."    :o

Ohio Joe:
 :lol sign

I'm a just a prayin'  :pray: when it gets dark, and we've been a'drinkin' so much (*cough, cough* coffee) thet weezz don't start a'seein' two of them wooden bow critters.  :o  Why I don't know what would happen with the two of us'ns runnin' through camp in the dark with our jug (I mean coffee pot) and a shootin' our pistol's at the ground behind us...  :laffing

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version