The Traditional Muzzleloading Association > Introduce Yourself!

Newbee here

(1/3) > >>

MCoop:
Hello Everybody,
I started dabbling with BP a couple years or so ago. I love all guns that go bang, but I had always been curious about Hawken Rifles and loved the Kentucky Lonrifles that I had seen but knew nothing about them until I bought an old used CVA percussion Hawken online.  I researched and educated myself on how to load and what to load it with and from the first smoke cloud I was in love.  I had been shooting it for about a year and then had a customer of mine gave me a used Kentucky rifle that one of his customers had traded to him and it is a Flintlock.  I checked it all out as best I could and other than it looking like it was pretty old and needing a little adjusting to make the lock safe to use, it was in Great shape.  I have now been shooting it for 6 months or so and am fixated on the flintlock (Very Accurate).  They are AWESOME.  I am planning on taking it deer hunting this season and see if I can put some venison on the table Old School. 
I really haven’t had anybody else to ask questions when I have them other than my uncle who recently passed away so I look forward to reading current posts and being able to fall back on the collective experience of the members here.

Nessmuk:
Welcome, Mike. You'll find a bunch of friendly folks who are glad to help with your Flintlock addiction, a malady I recently became infected with, also.

Again welcome to the Friendliest Muzzleloading forum on the Internet..

:shake

Bigsmoke:
Welcome, Mike.  Please be advised that shooting a muzzleloader causes an addiction that is very difficult to break.  Now you are warned.
It sounds like you have a good base of two rifles to work from.  But don't worry, more will come.
Enjoy your time here. Questions are welcome, and the guys here answer them honestly, you can rely upon most of the answers you will get.
Oh yeah, pictures.  We love pictures.  Imgbb.com is a good photo posting website to use.  PM me and I can walk you through.
John (Bigsmoke)

BEAVERMAN:
Welcome to the TMA Mike! :hairy

Winter Hawk:
Welcome to the TMA!  As already mentioned, this has to be the friendliest M/L forum on the Internet, and we love pictures.  Flintlocks are an addiction (except for some who insist that those percussion cap thingies are better) which we will gladly enable.

~Kees~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version