Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: How About A TMA Primitive Internet Rendezvous?  (Read 449 times)

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
How About A TMA Primitive Internet Rendezvous?
« on: September 23, 2016, 11:22:30 PM »
What's your thoughts about a, "TMA Primitive Internet Rendezvous?"

Here's some ideas I have;

1. Set up a primitive campsite at your home or somewhere you want to primitive camp, complete with shelter, fire pit, period clothing, muzzle loading firearms, hawk, knife, bow & arrows, pretty much the type of things we take to the doings.

2. Prepare camp meals.

3. Shoot some arrow, throw your hawk and knife, shoot your muzzle loading firearms, (some may have to go to their local Range or favorite shooting spot) to do some, or all of these listed.

4. Sleep out 2 or 3 nights (again your choice). Friday, Saturday, Sunday, suggested.

5. Feel free to get your family and friends involved with you in this regardless if they are outfitted or not.

6. Document your primitive "Internet Rendezvous" camping experience with posting some pictures and telling us at the TMA about your experience.

My thoughts are that as the TMA we should do what we can to promote what the TMA is about. I feel something like this gives those who are boarder line on whether or not they wish to get into this hobby, it gives them a chance to experience what a Rendezvous is somewhat like and also gives folks a chance to test their equipment for local gatherings.

Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
  • TMA: Founder
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#6
Re: How About A TMA Primitive Internet Rendezvous?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 12:30:35 AM »
Quote from: "Ohio Joe"
What's your thoughts about a, "TMA Primitive Internet Rendezvous?"

Here's some ideas I have;

1. Set up a primitive campsite at your home or somewhere you want to primitive camp, complete with shelter, fire pit, period clothing, muzzle loading firearms, hawk, knife, bow & arrows, pretty much the type of things we take to the doings.

2. Prepare camp meals.

3. Shoot some arrow, throw your hawk and knife, shoot your muzzle loading firearms, (some may have to go to their local Range or favorite shooting spot) to do some, or all of these listed.

4. Sleep out 2 or 3 nights (again your choice). Friday, Saturday, Sunday, suggested.

5. Feel free to get your family and friends involved with you in this regardless if they are outfitted or not.

6. Document your primitive "Internet Rendezvous" camping experience with posting some pictures and telling us at the TMA about your experience.

My thoughts are that as the TMA we should do what we can to promote what the TMA is about. I feel something like this gives those who are boarder line on whether or not they wish to get into this hobby, it gives them a chance to experience what a Rendezvous is somewhat like and also gives folks a chance to test their equipment for local gatherings.

Sounds like an interesting concept to me!  :hey-hey
"An honest man is worth his weight in gold"
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Online Bigsmoke

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA: Charter Member #150
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 09:02:22 PM »
Sounds like a fun idea, Joe.  If I were still in Idaho, I would have been all over that like white on rice.  Here in Kalifornia, however, my back yard is all cement and tent pegs are not too easy to set.
Outside experiences for these folks locally is setting on the patio of their favorite winery and sipping a glass of Char-don-ay (with the pinky finger extended, of course.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest Up to God.

BigSmoke - John Shorb
TMA Charter Member #150  
NRA - Life
Coeur d'Alene Muzzleloaders - Life

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 09:02:09 AM »
John, you got to get out into the country and away from that cement, my friend.  :shake
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Online Bigsmoke

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA: Charter Member #150
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 12:42:50 PM »
Quote from: "Ohio Joe"
John, you got to get out into the country and away from that cement, my friend.  :shake

Well, yeah, that's true.  But the nice thing about it is, there's not a lot of grass to mow.  Weeds to pull from the planter boxes, yes, but no grass to mow.

As far as setting up camp in the yard goes, when we were in Idaho, when we got home from our club rendezvous in July, the tent went up in the yard and there we stayed until September or October, whenever the weather got too rainy and cold.  I sure did prefer that to sleeping in the house.  Had a tomahawk log set up not too far from that and occasionally shot into the hillside in back of the house.  That was just the way it was.  When friends came to visit, they did look at me kind of strangely, though.  Really, they would say, then hmmmm...  I don't think they got it.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest Up to God.

BigSmoke - John Shorb
TMA Charter Member #150  
NRA - Life
Coeur d'Alene Muzzleloaders - Life