Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Goodby, Good Luck, and God Bless...  (Read 675 times)

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
Goodby, Good Luck, and God Bless...
« on: February 06, 2020, 04:11:50 AM »
I am writing this with a very heavy heart.
As this is likely my 5th attempt at this, I will try to make it as short and sweet as possible.
I would like to start out by giving a great big shout-out to all our Supporting Membership, along with those that have taken time out of their busy lives to visit the TMA Forum on occasion.
Several of you I have known since back in the 90's on Shooters dot com, Cast Boolit, and other Internet sites, some even before that, and even others who have gone on to the great Rendezvous in the sky.
Thank you all for your kindness, and especially your friendship!

On the 15th of Jan. 2020, I officially resigned from the TMA Board of Directors.
I will still continue to support the TMA in its goals of all things Traditional Muzzleloading.
I am one of the original TMA Co-Founders, and this year will mark 16 years I have tried, and tried hard, to maintain that focus, while trying to promote harmony and do what's right for the Membership.
But I was never alone in this endeavor, as there are others who have done the same.
Sixteen years is not a long time in the overall scheme of things, but sixteen years represents 1/5th, or 20% of my entire lifetime, so it is time for me to move on and bring in new blood, with new thoughts, and a new perspective on how the TMA can best meet its goals.

It is early morning here in the Pacific Northwest and many of my close friends on the East Coast are now getting out of bed and preparing themself for the day ahead.
Even at my age, I can still remember the excitement of starting a new day.
However, that is not happening here today.
As I write this, my feeling inside is closer to that of losing a close friend.

With this being said, I want to wish each and every one of you the very best in life, and may tight groups follow you no matter where you go, or what you do.
Always aim small and miss small....as small misses can still count at times.

Respectfully, Uncle Russ...

It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Spotted Bull

Goodby, Good Luck, and God Bless...
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 04:27:47 AM »
We love ya Uncle Russ. I for one will very very much miss you around here.

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
Re: Goodby, Good Luck, and God Bless...
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 04:53:40 AM »
We love ya Uncle Russ. I for one will very very much miss you around here.

Spotted Bull's feelings reflect mine as well.

Thank you for all you've done for the TMA Russ.  :shake
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Offline Oldetexian

• TMA BoD
  • TMA: Virginia State Rep.
  • TMA Member: TMA Supporting Member #831, expiration 4/17/2021
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 07:49:12 AM »
Thank you, my friend, for introducing me into the TMA. And a special thanks for all the heart and soul you have poured into making the TMA the group it now is. Your decision had to be difficult, so I honor it as I honor you. Just know you have "left your mark" and it was dead center.
Virginia State Rep.
TMA BoD

"fiat justitia ruat caelum"
(let justice be done though the heavens fall)

Ray Buchanan

Online Nessmuk

• TMA BoD
  • 2019 thru 2023 Postal Match Director
  • TMA Member: TMA Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 10:55:33 AM »
I don't  know what to say. I've  only been a member for a year but I've  come regard you as a good friend and great mentor. I  know, you along with others, have built this great forum with hard work and time invested. Thank you for that and everything  you've  done  for us. It is my sincere hope you remain active on the forum for many years to come. Thank you, Russ.
I'm  not  H/C or P/C or even a particularly  good shot but I have a hell of a good time!

Dedicated to the TMA.
Join us, Friend

Offline ridjrunr

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 11:12:48 AM »
 Uncle Russ, do what you need to do but please dont be a stranger here.
Your input and  friendship is always valued and appreciated.
Take care! :shake
HCH member
NRA member
Fluent in English and sarcasm
TMA Member #313
Expires 10/8/21

Online doggoner

• TMA: Supporting Member # 687
  • TMA Member: Membership Expiration; 9/2021
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 01:22:03 PM »
Good luck and God's speed in whatever you decide to do Uncle Russ. Thank you for all you've done for the TMA.

doggoner
"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," --Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

Offline Puffer

• TMA: Charter Member #133
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2020, 02:51:25 PM »
Please stay "tuned" :pray:
TMA CHARTER MEMBER # 133
THE TMA NEEDS YOU ___ JOIN TODAY
(THE BEST $15.00 I EVER SPENT )
**Cascade Mtn. Men

Expires = 12/24/24

War Eagle Society
NRA -  Range Safety Officer,

Offline SharpStick

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA: State Represenative, AZ
  • TMA Member: Membership #806 Expires 8/11/2021
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2020, 03:47:29 PM »
Thank you for all the help and mentoring you gave when I first showed up here. It has made my participation extra enjoyable.

I hope we hear many more of your wise words here on  the forums.

:yessir:  You've done an A # 1 job on the board.
The trouble with doing things right the first time is no one realizes how hard it was.
Often, however, the following is more applicable.
I stand corrected, a position somewhat painful to achieve, but once there, is quite satisfying.

Posts starting 6/20/20 - 151
Posts ending  9/20/20 - (?)

Offline Maven

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA: Supporting Member #778
  • TMA Member: Expiration date; 10/21/2021
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2020, 04:03:56 PM »
Uncle Russ, May God grant you the strength to continue and face whatever you must. :pray:  I certainly will miss you!

Offline RobD

• TMA Admin
  • TMA President & Contributing Member
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2020, 08:20:26 PM »
Russ, I am much disheartened and sad to see you leave the TMA helm.  Please do reconsider your decision and remain our excellent TMA El Presidente.  But if you absolutely must go, Godspeed good Sir!  We all will miss your congenial camaraderie, hard work, and dedication to the TMA.  You have helped me and countless others navigate the TMA waters.  You are a fine Gentleman and I hope you will at least consider being available for counsel in the murky days that lie ahead of the organization.  Thank you, good friend.

Online Winter Hawk

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2020, 03:21:15 PM »
I hope that this only means that you are leaving the BOD and presidential office, and not that you are totally pulling the plug on the TMA.  I can surely see that after 16 years in leadership here you are ready to step down, but unless there are underlying problems we don't know about, your presence on the forums will always be appreciated and needed.

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2020, 05:22:55 AM »
Geesh!  :Doh!

I am truly moved by all the kind thoughts.
Thank you, thank every single one of you!

An extra big thank you to all those that sent me the Personal Messages, I wish all of you well.

I am going to be doing a little traveling this upcoming year but I will still be around. Still a Member!

I hope very much to be more active in our shooting program, 'cause somebody has to stand up to my friends like Joe, Rob, Al, Rondo and show 'em just how it's done.....and I think I can do just that. lol
But nowadays I've noticed that we have at least a dozen more great shooters and I would like very much to be more active with these new guys. Great bunch of shooters!
Fellers like Sharpstick, Nessmuk....I've been watching you guys and I ain't going to let you sand-bag on me.

Also, I still haven't shown you guys what I got for Christmas, and I gotta do that, you're all going to love it.

I can't forget to give a shout-out to my friend Ray Buchannan...it's good to have you back!

Spotted Bull, I have a book that has your name on it, I had planned to send it to ya before Christmas, but I had a lot of unexpected "Surprise" company and 99.9% of all my Christmas plans went down the drain.
Plus, I would like to say thank you to David for saving me some really big bucks on Col.Ed Harris' book "Cast Bullets".....A great source on all things casting that has been out of print "For Ever"....Thank you, David!

There are many more here that I would like to say thank you to also, but this early in the morning the old brain is not functioning just right. So I'll just end by saying Thank You to all of you!

Your kind words have made this transition much easier on this old boy.

Rob, if yer ever have a question, you have my number, I'll do the best I can to help, always.

Respectfully, Uncle Russ...
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2020, 06:30:22 AM »
Geesh!  :Doh!

I am truly moved by all the kind thoughts.
Thank you, thank every single one of you!

An extra big thank you to all those that sent me the Personal Messages, I wish all of you well.

I am going to be doing a little traveling this upcoming year but I will still be around. Still a Member!

I hope very much to be more active in our shooting program, 'cause somebody has to stand up to my friends like Joe, Rob, Al, Rondo and show 'em just how it's done.....and I think I can do just that. lol
But nowadays I've noticed that we have at least a dozen more great shooters and I would like very much to be more active with these new guys. Great bunch of shooters!
Fellers like Sharpstick, Nessmuk....I've been watching you guys and I ain't going to let you sand-bag on me.

Also, I still haven't shown you guys what I got for Christmas, and I gotta do that, you're all going to love it.

I can't forget to give a shout-out to my friend Ray Buchannan...it's good to have you back!

Spotted Bull, I have a book that has your name on it, I had planned to send it to ya before Christmas, but I had a lot of unexpected "Surprise" company and 99.9% of all my Christmas plans went down the drain.
Plus, I would like to say thank you to David for saving me some really big bucks on Col.Ed Harris' book "Cast Bullets".....A great source on all things casting that has been out of print "For Ever"....Thank you, David!

There are many more here that I would like to say think you to also, but this early in the morning the old brain is not functioning just right. So I'll just end by saying Thank You to all of you!

Your kind words have made this transition much easier on this old boy.

Rob, if yer ever have a question, you have my number, I'll do the best I can to help, always.

Respectfully, Uncle Russ..

Russ, as always my friend, we look forward to having you on the firing line with us!  :hairy

Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Offline Bigsmoke

• TMA: Charter Member #150
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2020, 05:40:34 PM »
Russ,
Well, ol' friend, you have had a heck of a run being involved with the TMA, from being a founder to a president.  I hate to think what the group would have turned into without your leadership.  Thank you for all you have done.  Hope to see you sometime on our trip up to Idaho this June.  There are a couple of pretty good rendezvous happening then, it would sure be great if we could meet up there at one of them.  I'll be shooting ol' Kees' PA Hunter, so bring your A game with you.
We can talk more later.
John
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest Up to God.

BigSmoke - John Shorb
TMA Charter Member #150  
NRA - Life
Coeur d'Alene Muzzleloaders - Life