Traditional Firearms > Flintlock Long Guns

Here she is be boys !

<< < (2/8) > >>

rollingb:

She looks like a shooter!  :hairy

RobD:
 A blonde beauty!   :applaud

But will she turn into a redhead beauty!?!?!?!    ::)

Only her gunsmith will know first hand!!!   :bl th up :bl th up

PetahW:

You've done well, Kevin - me likey  !  :toast

RobD:

--- Quote from: KDubs on August 04, 2023, 08:10:40 PM ---Looks blacker than it really is, overall I'm quite happy.
 Looking to shoot it here at home tomorrow.
 Going to try a 50/50 mix dawn/water as my patch lube.
 Kevin

--- End quote ---

I tried that Dawn/H2O mix for black powder fouling control on my Sharps this past Wednesday - one moist patch down the tube, followed by two dry patches.  Fired another PPB round and the  extracted cartridge was slick with Dawn, not good!  That ended that, went back to moose milk.  Might be a different story as a patch lube!  I'll give it a try this week in the Woodsrunner but will run down some kinda "buffer" wad on the powder first, then the Dawn/H2O patched ball, so that the Dawn/H2O won't affect the powder charge.

KDubs:
I watch a guy on youtube,  everything blackpowder. he recently tested the dawn/water deal and it got me started down the rabbit hole again. 

Id really , really, like to settle on something easy to handle for match shoots.

Gato feo for hunting no issues but just didnt work for me in matches.  maybe i had that on my ticking to thick.  my suspicions at least. 

thanks for the likes on the kibler.  very easy and enjoyable, more to come.

I think I will look into building a flinter pitstola in the future.  sounds like fun.
kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version