Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Coffee Park Nebraska  (Read 1205 times)

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
Coffee Park Nebraska
« on: March 22, 2023, 08:10:45 PM »
First on my list as soon as the weather permits; Wife and I haven't been here since the kids were little. It's one of the most beautiful places in Nebraska - and only 30 or so miles (west / northwest) from were I live. Enjoy the video,,, and the music is pretty darn good!  :shake

Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Online Hank in WV

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #65
Re: Coffee Park Nebraska
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 10:52:44 PM »
Some beautiful country you got there. :bl th up
Hank in WV
TMA Charter Member #65, exp 4/30/2026
"Much of the social history of the western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. . ." Thomas Sowell

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2023, 09:55:18 AM »
We have a couple of the grandkids this weekend (Hank, you know Lucas), anyway if the weather is nice we may just take him and his sister Peyton up to Coffee Park today. Just depends on the weather... I've never known our forecast to be very accurate in this neck of the woods, but maybe we'll get lucky...

Offline LongWalker

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2023, 11:40:47 AM »
Oh, I don't know. . . seem to recall one time the forecast was for "hot dry weather" and they were right for several weeks!  :laffing

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2023, 12:36:40 PM »
Oh, I don't know. . . seem to recall one time the forecast was for "hot dry weather" and they were right for several weeks!  :laffing

:laffing That's a fact!

Online Winter Hawk

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2023, 02:36:48 PM »
I could live there!  It looks like a grand place to ramble, do they allow camping?  You are one lucky dog to have that close by.

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2023, 08:30:48 PM »
I could live there!  It looks like a grand place to ramble, do they allow camping?  You are one lucky dog to have that close by.

~Kees~

Thanks Kees, I've always felt very blessed to have found what I was looking for in life.  :shake

As far as I know, camping is allowed - though I don't have any details on camping (at this time) at Coffee Park, but I'll find out and let you know. Believe it or not, this video shows a much more developed Coffee Park than when I first stumbled onto it. Back than there were no shelter houses - and just an old wooden outhouse - but today it looks much more modern (as modern goes) where I live.  :shake

Offline LongWalker

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2023, 02:53:33 PM »
Coffee Park is a city (well, "village"--Harrison owns it last I knew) park; I don't think camping is allowed.  I was up there some years ago, doing some biological survey work for a project.  Sometimes in the summer you can trip over the birdwatchers. . . other than the park it is all privately owned.  Many of the birdwatchers seem to think the entire valley is part of the park. 

It can be kinda fun watching the preserve-nature-hunting-is-evil-tree-huggers when they get up there.  Then they trip over a rattlesnake and suddenly want "someone" to kill all the snakes "for the children".  It probably didn't help that while I was there, "someone" relocated one of the snakes over the fence and told the idiots that the ranchers stock the snakes so people won't trespass.  On the other hand, one old lady from back East asked me to hold the snake so she could key it out: this was the second rattlesnake she'd seen in her life, and she wanted to know the species! (Crotalus viridis for the curious.)

When there isn't a lot of traffic (say, a Tuesday morning before Memorial Day), the Valley makes a great day hike.  From one end to the other it is about 12 miles IIRC.