Shooting Traditional Firearms and Weapons > General Interest

TC or GPR

<< < (3/3)

Uncle Russ:

--- Quote from: "hawkeye" ---I have a GPR with an L&R flint lock and I really like the looks of the GPR over the T/C.  Though it's hard to beat the customer service of T/C.
--- End quote ---

Yep, same here with the GPR and I do own both but, like many others, I feel it's the customer service at T/C that puts them a wee bit ahead of the game.

Personally, I like the weighted forward handling of the GPR, but many don't.
Over the years I have developed the impression that the reason some folks like the weighted forward rifles, while others don't, is all in the shooting stance, and / or the way that particular person feels most comfortable when shooting, or holding the rifle.....

I feel the choice between a T/C and a GPR is a personal choice, and not one of which gives the best performance, although if you want wanted to split some very, very fine hairs, the GPR just might come out on top...but even that is somewhat subjective.

They are both winners, IMHO.

Uncle Russ...

Mule Brain:
I have never owned a TC, I just never really cared for the looks of them. I know they make a good gun, and it's a good company as well!

I am however a GPR fan, and have both in flint, and cap. I am a big fan of double wedge keys too!

You really can't go wrong either way, it will probably come down to looks more than anything else!

Gambia:
Beaverman gave good advice,try them both out before you take the plunge.There is a great difference in the way they handle.Its a matter of personal preference but a rifle that doesn't fit you is a real pain no matter how PC or accurate it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version