Shooting Traditional Firearms and Weapons > General Interest

TC or GPR

<< < (2/3) > >>

BEAVERMAN:
jimknife, if you havnt shouldered both firearms, you may want to check that out before you open the wallet, to me the GPR is way too muzzle heavy, JMHO

rollingb:

--- Quote from: "tg" ---I would go for the GPR just for the more correct style these guns have when compared to the TC guns.
--- End quote ---

I agree,.... and they ain't no slouch in the "accuracy" department neither.

Loyalist Dave:
I like the GPR in flint over the TC.  I don't like the TC lock in their flinter very much.  

LD

Three Hawks:
I've owned and shot both a Lyman GPR flinter and a T-C Hawken flinter, and to me the locks are so  similar as to be identical.  Like many if not most flintlocks, they have preferences as to what kind of flint they prefer and how they like it clamped in the jaws of the cock.    I prefer my T-C Hawken, but that's just me and the shape of the stock, both rifles are good, dependable arms.  As to fit and finish, both  are fine in the rifles I have.

As to historical accuracy, The Museum Of The Fur Trade in Chadron, NE states that as far as they know there is no extant example of a flintlock Hawken from the Hawken shop, nor is there mention of any in the Hawken records.

Your mileage, as always, may vary.

Three Hawks

hawkeye:
I have a GPR with an L&R flint lock and I really like the looks of the GPR over the T/C.  Though it's hard to beat the customer service of T/C.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version