Shooting Traditional Firearms and Weapons > Trail Walks and Trekking

Favorite Trekking Meal

<< < (2/5) > >>

BEAVERMAN:

--- Quote from: Oldetexian on October 17, 2019, 06:09:31 PM ---That deer ham idea sound purty dang good, and I would luv to have a hunk of elk right 'bout now, but got to admit that I started drooling on myself when I saw Puffer's post 'bout the Venison Liver...

I love calf liver & onions...but I have never had Venison Liver...I want that recipe. It's got to be good. Please share what you do to prepare the liver. I know I have been missing out on same fine eating...

--- End quote ---

Even better that that is Elk Heart! sliced about 1/4" thick, season with what ever your favorite steak type seasoning is, (mines Johnnys Hunters Blend) then pan fried in butter & onions in a hot skillet, about 2 mins per side, thats it! don't want to over cook it and make it tough!

Einsiedler:
We have a fine old gent up around the Colorado ranch who helps us occassionally with things and keeps a good clear eye on stuff for us. All he requests is our elk heart and livers. We gladly share them with him!  He’s a great neighbor

Uncle Russ:
Beaverthang seez.... "
Even better that that is Elk Heart! sliced about 1/4" thick, season with what ever your favorite steak type seasoning is, (mines Johnnys Hunters Blend) then pan fried in butter & onions in a hot skillet, about 2 mins per side, thats it! don't want to over cook it and make it tough! "

And this old bird has to agree with him!
My wife and I love Liver & Onions fried up while in Elk Camp.
It simply don't get "no mo betta" than that right there.

BEAVERMAN:

--- Quote from: Uncle Russ on October 19, 2019, 05:56:35 PM ---Beaverthang seez.... "
Even better that that is Elk Heart! sliced about 1/4" thick, season with what ever your favorite steak type seasoning is, (mines Johnnys Hunters Blend) then pan fried in butter & onions in a hot skillet, about 2 mins per side, thats it! don't want to over cook it and make it tough! "

And this old bird has to agree with him!
My wife and I love Liver & Onions fried up while in Elk Camp.
It simply don't get "no mo betta" than that right there.

--- End quote ---

:bl th up :bl th up :bl th up Elk liver and onions would be my 2nd choice for dinner then some back strap and eggs the next morning for breakfast!, now thats' some fine chewing!

Bigsmoke:
I reckon I'd have to nominate buffalo.  Never been much for organs so I'd have to be thinking a steak or a roast.  Sauteed onions and mushrooms, and a passel of spuds.  Coffee?  Of course and a second cup ala Oldetexian.  Probably would have had a snort of the brandy before dinner as well.  And some nice red wine with dinner.
Dammit, I just ate and now I am getting hungry all over again. :luff:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version