Traditional Firearms > Cap and Ball Revolvers

DIY Percussion Caps

<< < (2/2)

Fyrstyk:

--- Quote from: RobD on December 07, 2023, 09:43:53 AM ---
--- Quote from: Fyrstyk on December 07, 2023, 08:13:22 AM ---I use the same method, except for the drying part.  I spray the filled caps with aqua net hair spray.  They work great as a substitute and back-up.  I have had only 3 failures to fire in over 500 caps made and used.

--- End quote ---

Are you doing the dry or wet method?
[I use the dry method
--- End quote ---

RobD:

--- Quote from: Fyrstyk on December 08, 2023, 10:41:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: RobD on December 07, 2023, 09:43:53 AM ---
--- Quote from: Fyrstyk on December 07, 2023, 08:13:22 AM ---I use the same method, except for the drying part.  I spray the filled caps with aqua net hair spray.  They work great as a substitute and back-up.  I have had only 3 failures to fire in over 500 caps made and used.

--- End quote ---

Are you doing the dry or wet method?
[I use the dry method

--- End quote ---

So far in my testing, cutting the powder dots off as squares negates the need for any kinda glue.
--- End quote ---

Winter Hawk:
I need to head off to get a bunch of toy gun caps now!  Glad to hear that they don't lead to rusting, although I hadn't read that the chemicals would.  This sounds a lot easier than mixing the powder, getting it into the cap, adding acetone etc. which is the primary reason I only made one batch in half a year of having the equipment.  :o  ::)

~Kees~

Ohio Joe:
Keep us posted on how they work, Kees. I've heard they do / and I've heard they aren't reliable (and I don't know if that was do to the paper covering creating a blockage in the Nipple port??? But, it may also have just been the caps? Let us know.  :shake

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version