Craftsmanship > Accoutrements

Powder Measurer, etc.

(1/4) > >>

bluelake:
Anyone have preferences for the type, make, or model of powder measurer they use?  How about other loading accessories?

pathfinder:
I have different ones for each gun. For my trade gun I usually have carved antler or bone type. for flint rifles an ajustable"fancy" type, most in steel,and for cap guns, a plain adjustable one,in brass. Don't have a logical reason for the differences,just seem's right.

Wyoming Mike:
I use rifles from .32 to .58 so I use a simple brass adjustable measure with a small funnel on the side.  I do have some antler and bone measures for some of my rifles but only use those on trail walks or other events where it is more convenient to use them than the brass measure.

jbullard1:
I also use several types
I have fixed wooden, deer antler and copper
A couple of brass adj.

For shooting from the line I use the adjustable, for woodswalk I use the fixed one hanging from my bag strap, for hunting deer I carry a couple of pre measures charges in the "period correct plastic vial"  for a quick reload

rollingb:

--- Quote from: "bluelake" ---Anyone have preferences for the type, make, or model of powder measurer they use?  How about other loading accessories?
--- End quote ---

I use an adjustable measure for working up loads,.... after I find the best load for a riflegun, I make a measure specficly for that gun.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version