Shooting Traditional Firearms and Weapons > General Interest

Any other size

<< < (2/3) > >>

No Powder:
Popular calibers normally have sizes of .005 to .010" smaller than bore size. Apparently not so with the 38.  Apparently these sizes are popular for the 36 cal. revolvers. Also had a similar experience with lead sheeting, out of a dentists office. Had some type of purple adhesive on it, along with paper off of the drywall. Left it sit outside for several winters thinking that would surely remove it. Wrong answer. Just cut it into small pieces and threw it in the pot. Just made a little extra stuff to skim off the top.

The Miner '49er:
Ard you looking for larger or smaller than .375?

No Powder:
I personally would think .370 or .375 would be fine so that .015 to .018 patching would work well.

Butler Ford 40:
http://www.bagmolds.com/UNZIPPED/htdocs/1.shtml 

No Powder:
Thanks to all you guys for responding. I would personally go with the mold ideas. But in my last phone conversation with my friend, he stated that life is now getting in the way. I think our first shoot is on April 7, so at that time I'll inquire how he is making out with his nephews rifle. I looked in my Blue Book of Blackpowder values, to see if I could find this rifle. He said it is a Pedersoli, and I can only find one Pedersoli listed in 38cal. I think it is called the Plainsman Rifle. Poor guy should be out making smoke with that thing instead of it sitting in the corner collecting dust.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version