Shooting Traditional Firearms and Weapons > General Interest

What the heck happened

(1/4) > >>

No Powder:
Decided to cast some balls today using some old lead lines that my friend gave me. Some was 1 1/2" , and a small piece of 4" . Used two pieces of the 1 1/2" and everything was working fine. Decided to try some of the 4" " stuff.  That's when everything went wrong. I was using a Lee pot, and this stuff didn't want to melt and everything in the pot turned into what looked like silver cement. I got most of it dug out, but more in the bottom yet that I don't know if I'll ever get it out. Never had this happen to me before.  [ Invalid Attachment ]

Bigsmoke:
I've never had anything like that happen so no idea what the cause could be.

However, Tom, I don't think today is the day for you to buy Lotto tickets.   :lol sign

No Powder:
Good advice. I don't do the lottery thing anyway. But my wife does. I think I found the problem. I decided to heat the pot again to help remove what's in the bottom of the pot. I think my pot bought the big one. It is not heating up. Has anybody else had their pot quit working in the middle of a melt? I think it makes sense. I bet this stuff would melt if my pot was heating.

Winter Hawk:
Hit the thrift stores and look for a heavy pan you can put on the kitchen stove (with windows open) or a camp stove, and try melting the dregs that way.  No sense getting a new electric pot and maybe ruining it....

No Powder:
Good idea Kees. I live about 150 yds. away from a Family Dollar store. But it's not that thrifty.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version