Shooting Traditional Firearms and Weapons > General Interest

What the heck happened

<< < (2/4) > >>

Butler Ford 40:
Zinc? Would be my bet.

No Powder:
Hey Bill could you enlighten me a bit more on this zinc stuff. It has the appearance and is easy to bend and cuts just like lead. The pot won't even get warm, but anything is possible. I ordered a 4lb. Lee pot this morning. It could be a coincidence that the pot quit working at that particular time, but I don't want that to happen again.

Butler Ford 40:
I'm not sure what all it is used for but I do know that they frequently used them for wheel weights and when they get mixed in with the lead wheel weights, it all turns to sludge resembling your photo.   I can't imagine any reason for it to have caused your pot to fail?

No Powder:
This was a piece of 4" line of some kind. I cut 2" pieces off this pipe, and then used a pair of tin snips to cut that in half. Would I been able to cut it with snips if there was zinc in it?

Winter Hawk:

--- Quote from: No Powder on April 18, 2024, 08:55:17 PM ---Good idea Kees. I live about 150 yds. away from a Family Dollar store. But it's not that thrifty.

--- End quote ---

I meant the second hand stores, not Family Dollar or Dollar General!   :lol sign

~Kees~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version