The Center of Camp > Camping Gear and Campfire Cooking

Apple Pie for sippin

(1/18) > >>

Bullwnkl:
Once again all you apple pie makers out there, tell me how it's done....I am in the progress of assembling recipes of early American cooking along with pictures and stories involving the whole process of food gathering, hunting and prep.

Bullwnkl.

Gambia:
I was waiting for RussB to post his recipe.  I believe he has the most authentic.  But here is one that I personally enjoy (a lot).  

And I will steal a phrase used by my friends Eagle Claw and Soaring Spirit:

It is Apple Pie for the chewing impaired!
1 gal apple cider warmed over the fire.
1 stick of butter added to cider.
1 pint pure maple syrup added to the cider.
750ml of Rum.  I use capt Morgan's Spiced Rum.
Served warm is the way I like it.

And you may like this too:
Oatmeal Cookie for the chewing impaired!
1 fifth Irish Cream.
1 fifth Buttershots or Butterscotch Schnapps.
1 oz (or to taste) Hot Damn (Cinnamon Schnapps)

Be prepared to have plenty of friends coming over to your camp for a taste of each!
 :scouts:

Longknife:
AHHHHHHHH....liquid apple pie! Ain't nothin' like it when the frost is on the ground and the campfire is blazen!
 Just my way of doing things....After the mixing is done, sit it close to the fire, but not on the coals or flames. When ready for that second, or third, or fouth cup, use a steel fire tool and heat to red hot then insert into cup of pie. This gets it hot quick, but not to hot to have to wait for it to cool in order to drink.
Talk to ya latter..got to go get some rum! I suddenly got thirsty.

PS...be sure and use real butter...not that synthetic stuff . stir with a cinnamin stick

Gambia:
Now that's the way to have pie!!!!
 :

Puffer:
Guys, keep on posting the recipes. I keep on trying to remember the recipes, BUT when I am given them, I've already had a "couple of "sips" :evil: :Doh!

Puffer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version