Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: 2021 CASCADE MOUNTAIN MEN ANUAL ML GUN AND CRAFT SHOW CANCELED  (Read 911 times)

Online BEAVERMAN

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA: TMA Vice President
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #145
2021 CASCADE MOUNTAIN MEN ANUAL ML GUN AND CRAFT SHOW CANCELED
« on: December 21, 2020, 01:41:07 PM »
Just got this from the WHGMG page "For all who visit this post, Covid 19 has put another crimp in our style for 2021.  The annual Cascade Mountain Men show at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds in Monroe, Washington that was scheduled for March 13th & 14th of 2021 has been cancelled.  The facility is owned and operated by Snohomish County.  They are presently using the main pavilion building for the manufacture and distribution of personal protective equipment (PPE).  The Cascade Mountain Men has frantically searched for another venue but without any success.  Please stay tuned to this site, among others for upcoming information on the annual mountain man show.  We will miss you all in 2021 but hopefully see all of our friends at rendezvous later on in the season."

This is a real disappointment!
Jim Smith
TMA Vice President
Charter Member #145  EXPIRATION 1/21/25
Green River Mountain Men
Peninsula Longrifles
WSMA
U.S.M.C.
BSA                    

"An armed man is a citizen,..an unarmed man is a subject!"

Online Bigsmoke

• TMA: Charter Member #150
Re: 2021 CASCADE MOUNTAIN MEN ANUAL ML GUN AND GRAFT SHOW CANCELED
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 01:53:39 PM »
DRAT !!!That show just has to be the premier show west of the Rocky Mountains.
Oh well, one more cancellation due to the Chinese Flu.  ;banghead; ;banghead; ;banghead;
Sure hoping that there will be rendezvous happening next year.  I am planning on it, that's for sure.  Hope I am not disappointed like I was this year.   :pray: :pray:
OK people, smile, it's gotta get better.

John (Bigsmoke)
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest Up to God.

BigSmoke - John Shorb
TMA Charter Member #150  
NRA - Life
Coeur d'Alene Muzzleloaders - Life

Online KDubs

Re: 2021 CASCADE MOUNTAIN MEN ANUAL ML GUN AND CRAFT SHOW CANCELED
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 05:14:11 PM »
 sad, guess i can take the flier off the fridge.
 was really looking forward to going and meeting a few folks.
 keeping my fingers crossed.
kevin
TMA Idaho rep.
USAF Medic 1982-1992  Aim High

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2020, 06:09:08 PM »
Beaverman,  perhaps you remember a few years back when you had set up the TMA table, and it started snowing on the Pass on a Friday?
Well, come Sunday about noon, when we headed home, the Pass was closed for East bound Traffic, so we had to get yet another Motel in Northbend and decided to wait it out, but Tuesday and Wednesday was only more of the same, finally on Thursday we had a 2 hour window on Eastbound Traffic so we jumped at it and made the summit,  then the drive home, from Northbend, took us 6.5 hours!
Me and Mama Bear decided right then and there that this would be our last trip to Monroe....and up to this point it has been!
To me, the Monroe Show is the best show its kind to be found anywhere, and it being cancelled due to Covid-19 is going to be tough for thousands, literally thousands, of likeminded people, like ourselves, that have depended on that show for years...the biggest and best doesn't really describe the Show, it's the hundreds of Vendors that can walk the walk, and talk the talk of all things "Traditional" that is what really makes the Show a top-notch event.
Jus'sayn......

Russ...
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Offline Puffer

• TMA: Charter Member #133
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 06:41:11 PM »
 :bl th up :bl th up
Beaverman,  perhaps you remember a few years back when you had set up the TMA table, and it started snowing on the Pass on a Friday?
Well, come Sunday about noon, when we headed home, the Pass was closed for East bound Traffic, so we had to get yet another Motel in Northbend and decided to wait it out, but Tuesday and Wednesday was only more of the same, finally on Thursday we had a 2 hour window on Eastbound Traffic so we jumped at it and made the summit,  then the drive home, from Northbend, took us 6.5 hours!
Me and Mama Bear decided right then and there that this would be our last trip to Monroe....and up to this point it has been!
To me, the Monroe Show is the best show its kind to be found anywhere, and it being cancelled due to Covid-19 is going to be tough for thousands, literally thousands, of likeminded people, like ourselves, that have depended on that show for years...the biggest and best doesn't really describe the Show, it's the hundreds of Vendors that can walk the walk, and talk the talk of all things "Traditional" that is what really makes the Show a top-notch event.
Jus'sayn......

Russ...
TMA CHARTER MEMBER # 133
THE TMA NEEDS YOU ___ JOIN TODAY
(THE BEST $15.00 I EVER SPENT )
**Cascade Mtn. Men

Expires = 12/24/24

War Eagle Society
NRA -  Range Safety Officer,

Offline Puffer

• TMA: Charter Member #133
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 06:42:10 PM »
 :Doh! ;banghead;
Just got this from the WHGMG page "For all who visit this post, Covid 19 has put another crimp in our style for 2021.  The annual Cascade Mountain Men show at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds in Monroe, Washington that was scheduled for March 13th & 14th of 2021 has been cancelled.  The facility is owned and operated by Snohomish County.  They are presently using the main pavilion building for the manufacture and distribution of personal protective equipment (PPE).  The Cascade Mountain Men has frantically searched for another venue but without any success.  Please stay tuned to this site, among others for upcoming information on the annual mountain man show.  We will miss you all in 2021 but hopefully see all of our friends at rendezvous later on in the season."

This is a real disappointment!
TMA CHARTER MEMBER # 133
THE TMA NEEDS YOU ___ JOIN TODAY
(THE BEST $15.00 I EVER SPENT )
**Cascade Mtn. Men

Expires = 12/24/24

War Eagle Society
NRA -  Range Safety Officer,

Online BEAVERMAN

• TMA: TMA Vice President
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #145
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2020, 06:57:53 PM »
Russ, I remember it well, The Welshman was stuck at my place for almost that next entire week until he could make it to CDA! that was his first trip over there, I think this year was the last year on the current lease for the building, King County fair grounds in Enumclaw has changed hands and the folks that run it have been begging Cascade to come back there, we'll see what happens next year, 2022
Jim Smith
TMA Vice President
Charter Member #145  EXPIRATION 1/21/25
Green River Mountain Men
Peninsula Longrifles
WSMA
U.S.M.C.
BSA                    

"An armed man is a citizen,..an unarmed man is a subject!"

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2020, 07:27:04 PM »
Thanks Jim!
 :hairy

Russ...
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Online Butler Ford 40

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2020, 11:57:52 PM »
I'm truly sorry for those that were planning on attending!  A bit too far to travel for me but would have loved to have seen the pictures and read the reports of the attendees.  :*:
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey for tomorrow I may have to eat them.  Amen