Craftsmanship > Gun Building and Repair

Needed: CVA Patch Box Lid, 4 screw

(1/1)

Winter Hawk:
CVA Patch Box Lid, 4 screw.  I need a source for one.  I received a beater stock to refinish for the Hodgepodge rifle as I am not happy with my inletting on the patch box I installed.  However, this stock is an oldie with the patch box cut out  for a 4 screw lid, while I have a 2 screw lid and there are enough differences that I can't use it without a lot of playing around.

Any help will be appreciated!

~Kees~

Hank in WV:
Hey Kees, if you can't find the one you want, you could use one that is somewhat bigger and inlet it over the old hole. Track has several that look like they would work. Good luck.

LongWalker:
Years ago (I was still in high school, so Reagan's first term) a friend bought most of a CVA Mt Rifle kit at a garage sale.  Took a weekend, but we did a rubbing of the patch box inletting and made a new one out of steel from the scrap pile.  I think the spring was a piece of lawn mower spring. 

Winter Hawk:
Thank you both for the tips.  I may have to resort to making one.  I had thought of making a rubbing of the inlet and see if I could modify the one I have to fit.  It's close, but still no prize!  :laffing

~Kees~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version