Craftsmanship > Gun Building and Repair

Kibler Woodsrunner

<< < (2/11) > >>

Preacher Dave:
I have done some of the Kiblers that have flaws in the stocks, too. The mineral streaks or streaks from worm holes have taken my stains very dark and I like the look. Good luck on your Woodsrunner, I'm looking forward to seeing some posts of your build. I just received a .54 Woodsrunner today and will be starting on it in the next few days. Its my first Woodsrunner and compared to the SMRs and Colonials I've done it appars to have closer tolerances on the stock, buttplate, and nose cap. I don't particularly like the pre-drilled holes for the nose cap, but perhpas it will grow on me.

RobD:
Just arrived ... this should go together in an hour or two, tops.  The stock finishing will take hours, however.

rollingb:

The grain in that wood is really gonna "POP" when you get some stain and finish on it!  :hairy

RobD:
37 minutes to stick it all together, piece of cake - even including polishing the brass with a 3M fine abrasive pad.  Now to take it all apart, sand the wood (150, 220, 320), aqua fortis stain, Tru-Oil finish.

Winter Hawk:
:hairy
Can't wait to see the final result!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version