Traditional Firearms > Cap and Ball Revolvers

31 cal revolver

(1/3) > >>

Ironhand:
I have been getting interested in cap lock hide out guns. Thanks to gun show finds I have a nice assortment of replicas. The one I am having trouble finding is a 31 cal revolver. Don't care if it is a Remington or Colt copy as long as it is a shooter and within my limited budget. Anybody got one they will sell cheap or know where I can find one?

Thanks
IRONHAND

kalchcliff:
Check with oldsouthfirearms.com   1863 pocket Remington

hawkthrower:
[attachment=0:357qgbzn][/attachment]IMG_3392.JPG[/attachment:357qgbzn]

Got this one a short while back to see if it was accurate and had some hit....
It has both and was worth it - Now to get the $$ to get a steel frame and the .32 conversion cylinder!!!

The tiny holster I made to put it on my belt - But it looks kinda odd because it's so small - guess I should make another that looks like a cell phone pouch!!  ;)

hawkthrower:
Put together some other items - belt pouch to fit powder flask, and tin for caps,balls, and room for cleaning items too....
[attachment=2:s7ynn4bb][/attachment]IMG_3597.JPG[/attachment:s7ynn4bb]

[attachment=1:s7ynn4bb][/attachment]IMG_3600.JPG[/attachment:s7ynn4bb]

[attachment=0:s7ynn4bb][/attachment]IMG_3604.JPG[/attachment:s7ynn4bb]

Hanshi:

--- Quote from: "hawkthrower" ---[attachment=0:2peudowz][/attachment]IMG_3392.JPG[/attachment:2peudowz]

Got this one a short while back to see if it was accurate and had some hit....
It has both and was worth it - Now to get the $$ to get a steel frame and the .32 conversion cylinder!!!

The tiny holster I made to put it on my belt - But it looks kinda odd because it's so small - guess I should make another that looks like a cell phone pouch!!  ;)
--- End quote ---

That's a cute little pistol and is certainly small enough for me.  I'm wanting a c&b pistol to use for "coup de grace" shots on downed deer; it will, of course, see other uses.  Do these little pistols have enough power to use on downed deer?  While barrel length isn't really an issue, I find the .36s a bit large for such carry.  If it can carry it's own weight in the hunting field, a small .31 sounds like just the ticket.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version