Traditional Firearms > Cap and Ball Revolvers

SCORE ! .31 Uberti Model 1849 C&B Revolver

(1/2) > >>

PetahW:

These two revolvers came up for sale elsewhere this afternoon, and I was fortunate enough to see the ad about 5mins after it was posted - so I bought the .31 Uberti M-1849, tuit' suite.

The seller later told me that I grabbed it just in time, as somebody else wanted to buy both revolvers about 15min after I committed to the unfired M-1849 !

( the later buyer took the  EMF .44, anyway )

Mine is the lower/smaller revolver below

Uncle Russ:
 :hairy

I really enjoy my C&B Revolvers.
I'm sure you'll have a "ball" shootin' that little guy.
I've never owned the little .31cal Colt pistol, but it's high on my bucket list.

Russ...

PetahW:

I've been looking online for a new replica C&B revolver for a while now, but all the usual suspects are on backorder everywhere - so I jumped on this never-fired example when I happened on it.

Evidently, the Italian replica makers have been shut down for the past  10mos due to the pandemic - which hit Italy particularly hard.

Uncle Russ:

--- Quote from: PetahW on February 11, 2021, 10:34:34 PM ---.

I've been looking online for a new replica C&B revolver for a while now, but all the usual suspects are on backorder everywhere - so I jumped on this never-fired example when I happened on it.

Evidently, the Italian replica makers have been shut down for the past  10mos due to the pandemic - which hit Italy particularly hard.

--- End quote ---

Yep, all the major distributors are saying the exact same thing...."Out of Stock"
Caps have gone through the roof on top of that!
Even DGW has gotten downright silly on both selling and shipping lately, although I did get a nice 1858 Navy in "Sheriff's Model" but it took right at five months.
It's just another sign of the times and nothing to get upset about....yet.
Although that time may be closer than many would like to admit, myself included.
On the last count, I had about 6 boxes each of #10 and #11's....I use a lot more 11's in my Uberti Revolvers than #10's,  plus I use a good number of the #11's in some of my rifles too, so I just may be running on reserve with a dozen boxes, if ya get my drift.
Of course with my Rifles, I can always fall back on my Muzzleloaders if push comes to shove, but ya just can't do that with a C&B Revolver.
Have you tried the new SlikShot Nipples?
Early on the price ran me off, but taking a second look they may be just what we need in this day and time.

Russ...

PetahW:

--- Quote from: Uncle Russ on February 12, 2021, 03:38:09 AM ---

Caps have gone through the roof on top of that!

On the last count, I had about 6 boxes each of #10 and #11's....I use a lot more 11's in my Uberti
--- End quote ---

I was visiting an old gun shop yesterday that is waaay rural - and found they had a bunch of #11 caps @ $9.95/100.

I bought only about 5 tins, leaving the rest in case others are in need.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version