Traditional Firearms > Cap and Ball Revolvers

Rogers and Spencer

(1/3) > >>

butterchurn:
I've kind of had a hankerin' for a Rogers and Spencer revolver.  How are they?  Would a Remington or Colt clone serve as well?  I currently have a Pietta Colt 1861.

Minnesota Mike:
Have Rogers and Spencer - sweet shooting revolver. Shame that after all the advances made in developing it, that most ended up as scrap.

Top strap has nice sighting grove, cylinder is beveled for ease in putting caps on nipple, easy to extract the cylinder, short stroke with the ramming lever.

Overall very well designed revolver. Good balance. Nice sized hammer with lots of traction where your thumbs pulls the hammer back.

I like it. Don't shoot it much any more, but I like it.

r/
MM

Bigsmoke:
I had one briefly a while back.  I had another one a long time back.  Don't know why I sold either of them.  I enjoyed the size of the grips - big enough to get a hold of.  It had a fast action, but with the hammer spur so straight up, it was a bit awkward cocking it, to me.
Both of the ones I had seemed to shoot pretty well, although I did not ever work all that much with either of them.  They are a real solid built firearm.  I'd give them a thumbs up.

api:
Hello.
Which powder loads and ball size do you recommend for original Rogers & Spencer revolver?

old fogey:
If you really want a Rodgers and Spencer, they can be found (used, of course, as I beleive that they are currently out of production,) over at Lodgwood Mfg. Ltd., and that link should take you straight to the R & S for sale!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version