TMA Events and Activites > TMA Postal Shoots

2019 Mike Fink Partner Shoot (Two Man Team Signup)

<< < (7/8) > >>

Mad Irish Jack:
Ohio Joe. I shot with my .54, Lorraine has been on the shelf while I did some fix rework to my son's .50 for the last couple of months.  I apologized to Lorraine as I feed her her favorite meal; asked her to forgive the lack of attention she truly deserved; kissed her; primed her and touch her trigger spot. At that point the show started. She was truly magnificent. Poor ole Cap't Mike, he ain't goin be unable to quench his thirst less'n he has him a spare mug. I found him on the river bank, passed out, whilst sitt'n against an oak, with his mug on his head. A pacooler site it wer. Guess he din't want it in the riverbank mud. His mug were wedged 'atween his ugly, hairy, mugg, an a burl on that oak. So a aparnition hits me rite tween m'eyes, and I muffles my chuklin as not to wak the Cap't up. Noin he goina be out fer a whils, I steps bak 'bout 25 paces,  I carful aimed, jist a bit under 'at der burl. 'at 'llowed me to put 5 shots into 'at der mug and drain the drink outa it. Ol' Cap'n Fink n'er twitched a wisker.  A bit drunker 'en usall. Might jis be, he falled an' hit his haid on 't 'er tree; an maybe 1 o' da crew, done see'd the  axseedent, an set Cap'ns' mug on top his head t' keep it clean. I sho wood lyks t' be thar to see the WAKININ'. But I gots moe brans 'n 'at. It sho been fun dough. I'ma going to look fer 'nother aventure. Don't be tellin dis story. I  will denies fer e'r. Maybe, we get Cap't a new, good mug fer Christmas, maybe a set o' 'em. He seems to git sumpin like dis happen evry somer.  An' his mugs seem t' get holy on 'im. I gots to git outa hair rit qwik. Byeee.

dmarsh:
Got my target shot today so the mailman will pick it up tomorrow.  Fortunately I did not hit ole Mikey and got all of the hits in the cup. Got a nice group but not in the big numbers.  We'll see what the scorekeeper comes up with.   :hairy  :applaud

Winter Hawk:

--- Quote from: dmarsh on July 26, 2019, 10:10:36 PM ---Got a nice group but not in the big numbers.  We'll see what the scorekeeper comes up with.
--- End quote ---

Oh rats.  I was hoping you would shoot at least a 60 to counteract my poor showing.  Oh well, there is always next year!  :laffing

~Kees~

dmarsh:
Although I stared at the 10 point band I seemed to mentally shoot a bit high so as not to hit the head and get a -10.  A plus anything is better than that negative.  Next year will be our year.   :hairy

Dave

Ohio Joe:

--- Quote from: dmarsh on July 28, 2019, 09:01:59 PM ---Although I stared at the 10 point band I seemed to mentally shoot a bit high so as not to hit the head and get a -10.  A plus anything is better than that negative.  Next year will be our year.   :hairy

Dave

--- End quote ---

I can understand that, Dave... I start out in the 6 & 4 area of the cup then I get a'little braver and venture down towards the 8 & 10 area - but I still hit a low 2 pointer on the cup handle... As you said,
--- Quote ---"A plus anything is better than that negative."
--- End quote ---
And that's for sure!

When one thinks about it, if a person drills ol' Mike Fink in the head - then hits four "10 point counters" you still end up with a 30 score... But getting those four ten's is  - well, nerve racking as all get out... It's a challenging target for sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version