Craftsmanship > Accoutrements

dying wool ??

(1/5) > >>

david32cal:
anybody have any experience dying wool. i picked up a small point blanket at a garage sale cheap, but it is the brightest lime green you've ever seen, dam neer glows in the dark. would like to dy it a darker color, i figure brown is about my only choice.

jasontn:
theres a lady here in memphis,susan wallace, she posts a lot on frontier folk. she really knows her stuff about dying wools with natural dyes. ill see if i can get her contact info.

Uncle Russ:
Good question David.........I am also interested in dying some wool blankets, and my big concern is;
If I have a blanket that is color A, to start with, and I want to use color B, will my blanket turn out to be color B? Or, will I actually get color X?....In other words, what color(s) will I end up with??  :rotf

david32cal:
was wondering that myself Russ.  lime green and brown, what'd ya think i'll get, puke yellow maybe. might turn out worse than the lime green.

Minnesota Mike:
Got a red one that is good color - but seems determined to put bits and pieces of red fluff on everyone and everything it can . . . Can our blessed lady of the fabric save me too????

r/
MM

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version