Shooting Traditional Firearms and Weapons > Shooting the Bow

My new English Longbow

<< < (2/2)

sse:
(Sorry OT, but I love that canoe, Ron.)

Puffer:
++++++

Cannonball:
Nice bow. I love my American Longbow made by Saxon. It's amazingly accurate and forgiving with absolutely no handshock for a short longbow (62").  Good shooting!

greyhunter:
Used to have a long bow maker here on the TMA, Ohio Joe. But I ain't seed him in awhile. He loves his long bows.

Uncle Russ:
I have one of Ohio Joe's Longbows.

It's a real nice bow, 70" long, 50#@28" and although I have had it for six or eight years it is still just as "true" as it was the day I got it. I have to look, but I believe the bow was laminated Hickory and lemon??? Not sure, I will have to look at the paper he sent with it.

As a matter of fact, the bow I have now is the second bow Joe made for me...the first one was delivered to me in three pieces by the Post Office, fortunately it was insured.
After a few weeks I got another bow, the one I have now. This one was shipped in some really heavy-duty 5" PVC pipe and must have weighed 15 lbs...but it was safe, and in one piece.

Wish Joe would drop back in, he's a very knowledgeable buck-skinner as well as a bower.
He also built some pretty nice rifles. His favorite was likely the Lancaster Longrifle.
Always ready to lend a helping hand. A very likeable fella by many, not so with a few others.....he had his ways.

Uncle Russ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version