Shooting Traditional Firearms and Weapons > Shooting the Bow

Got The Longbow Out Today

<< < (2/2)

Ohio Joe:
Nessmuk, I got 40 more arrows in today from 10, 15, 20, and 25 yards, (10 from each station)... Arm and shoulder feels pretty good... Used the 35 pound longbow again today. Sometime next week I should be ready for the 44 pound longbow. (I think???)  :shake

Hawken, there's no way I could even think of pulling back to 70 or 80 pounds, even in my prime. 65 is my limit (and that was with one of those "wheel" bows)...

Nessmuk:
Joe, I  took the 25 pound bow and my .45 Hawken with the new green mountain barrel to the range today. Shot a few flights to loosen up the shoulder and it felt pretty good. Maybe one more light session  before I  step up to heavier  bow again.

I did manage to shoot my April postal match targets, too. That GM barrel is worth every penny I  paid for it.

Ohio Joe:

--- Quote from: Nessmuk on April 08, 2019, 07:24:11 PM ---Joe, I  took the 25 pound bow and my .45 Hawken with the new green mountain barrel to the range today. Shot a few flights to loosen up the shoulder and it felt pretty good. Maybe one more light session  before I  step up to heavier  bow again.

I did manage to shoot my April postal match targets, too. That GM barrel is worth every penny I  paid for it.

--- End quote ---

They certainly are good barrels for sure!  :hairy

Tomorrow is my last day of decent weather for a week (maybe a tad longer) according to the National Weather folks. They are actually reporting 5 to 6 inches of snow in our area starting Wednesday morning. I sure hope they're wrong. This kind of news cuts into my muzzle loading and archery plans,,, the ol' buggers... :o

Winter Hawk:
I've been flinging arrows also, for a couple of weeks.  50 lb. Bear Montana.  I'm shooting in the back yard every other day or so, start at 5 yards, then 10 yards, 7 1/2 yards, 15 yards, 10 yards again and finally 20 yards, six arrows at each distance.  I can squeeze 27 yards out if I go beside the house to the fence; otherwise my furthest shot is 22 yards from right in back of the house.  I was pleasantly surprised that, after a winter layoff, I was at least hitting the bag and most of the time within a 9" circle.  Consistency isn't there, though so I'm trying to better that.

My target, and this is not something I came up with as I got it from the folks at Tradrag (now gone), is a feed sack I get for 50 cents stuffed with plastic bags, then stapled shut.  The aiming spot is a piece of black duct tape.  I have this backed with three hay bales and the shed, just in case I miss the bag. :laffing  This stops the arrows dead and they are still easy to remove.

~Kees~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version