Shooting Traditional Firearms and Weapons > General Interest

Diabetics

<< < (3/12) > >>

Firewalker:
Diabetic, coronary artery disease, peripheral artery disease, arthritis, welcome to the club.
Just do what you have to do. get a good book on diabetic "food units" and count. Its not too hard.
But always eat your desert first, ya just never know.........

deadfallpaul:
As R.M. says there are a lot of us.
I am "borderline" diabetic ( means I am predisposed to it due to family history ) and have to watch what I eat also.
A pain sometimes when you get cravings and want to "pig out" on some types of food that you shouldn't.
Gotta do what you gotta do I guess.

Fletcher:
By gum it looks like there's nuff of us to have a subset O' the TMA...............

The ADOMWML

Apathetic Diabetic Old Men With Muzzle Loaders   :oops:

Firewalker:

--- Quote from: "Fletcher" ---By gum it looks like there's nuff of us to have a subset O' the TMA...............

The ADOMWML

Apathetic Diabetic Old Men With Muzzle Loaders   :oops:
--- End quote ---
I like that. I nominate you for President of the subset. We should have a quarterly meeting as well.

Gambia:
12 years ago my doc told me I was a type 2 diabetic and I would have to start sticking my finger regularily and shooting myself up 2 or 3 times a day.That didn't go down well  since I hate needles particularily if I have to hit myself.I asked him if there were any other options,and he said if I dropped the excess weight  the problem might go away for a long time if not forever.I grabbed onto that and lost about 40lbs.no more problem so far.Diet is everything with type 2 particularily fatty foods,all the good stuff.I can live quite well without the excess weight and the rich fatty food and without the needles and any other medication.Diabetes is no fun and is very much life threatening if not taken seriously.Anyone who lives with it and has to shoot themselves up 2 or 3 times a day has my greatest respect and shouldn't have to hide the fact they take insulin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version