Traditional Firearms > Cap and Ball Revolvers

#10 Percussion Caps

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ohio Joe:
Rob, you might try;

https://powderinc.com/product/cci-10-percussion-caps/

These are the folks I usually deal with when purchasing powder, and it looks like they have the #10 caps on hand... With this said, you may have to buy a box of 10 (100 cnt) tins... Have you tried all your options in your area gun stores?

RobD:

--- Quote from: Ohio Joe on November 25, 2023, 08:13:45 PM ---Rob, you might try;

https://powderinc.com/product/cci-10-percussion-caps/

These are the folks I usually deal with when purchasing powder, and it looks like they have the #10 caps on hand... With this said, you may have to buy a box of 10 (100 cnt) tins... Have you tried all your options in your area gun stores?

--- End quote ---

Thanx Joe, but I guess I got there too late, all quantities are sold out.

I'm hoping the DIY cap method will work!

Ohio Joe:
You could use #11 Caps by pinching the cap on the Nipple, but if you do - I would suggest only loading one chamber at a time to avoid any possibility at all of a chain fire... At least you'd get some trigger time for fit and feel of the Revolver.  :shake

Bigsmoke:
I don't know if October Country is still carrying caps or not.
When I owned it we always had a good inventory of CCI and RWS caps on hand, BUT, that was 18 years ago and things change over that amount of time.
It wouldn't hurt to give them a call.  Or check their web page.
John (Bigsmoke)

RobD:
Tubing can be placed around a larger cap to mitigate flashing another nipple as well as retaining that cap, if #11s are used in place of #10s - I don't wanna go that route.

OctoberCountry no longer even lists caps for sale.

I'll try my hand at making caps and hopefully they'll be viable and eliminate a dependency on an industry and product that's been stifled.

I'll also be making paper cartridges.  I just made a batch of nitrate paper using Spectracide and it works purty darn good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version