Craftsmanship > Traditional Archery and Accoutrements

My son's Longbow

(1/2) > >>

Christiaan:
My son Josua really wanted a Longbow to compete at school level at their annual school convention.  With a little horse trading I got him this handmade bow by South African Bowyer Johan van der Merwe.  It is a Combretum 66"  42lb @ 28" .  His smile says it all.

I ordered him some carbon arrows and some custom wooden arrows.  Before you get some palpitations and dandruff about the purple fletches; they are there for a reason.  In South Africa crime is a huge problem.  Other kids do affirmative shopping and steal your arrows or claim them when you miss the target.  So we got him a color that won't get claimed or "shopped".

We are having a lot of fun with the bow in the back yard.  Yesterday I had some mixed shooting results.  Mostly spraying the arrows all over the butt.  I totally missed the target with a wooden arrow and shattered the point against the wall. :cry:
Then we lost another arrow when I nearly had a Robin Hood.  It broke the nock.

I also had one of best sessions when I shot this group at 20 yards. Pity I don't know what I did right so I couldn't repeat it.

jbullard1:
Good looking bow and good shooting

Ohio Joe:
Mighty fine looking bow and a real shooter as well!  I see lots of good fun with this coming you guys way!

Pitchy:
Nice bow, happy son, having fun, that`s what its all about.  

melsdad:
Nice looking bow, It is good to see your son interested in traditional archery.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version