Traditional Firearms > Cannons

My brothers new toy

(1/2) > >>

Ironhand:
I took my brother to the Kalamazoo show this weekend. He came home with a cannon.  Gulf ball size bore (1 pounder?). Now we need to make/buy a carriage and equipment.

Any one have suggestion?

Also, how do I shoot the thing and still retain all of my body parts?  

Ironhand

Spotted Bull:
Find someone in your area that knows about cannons. Look up artillery reenactors in your area. Find someone that can show you the proper and safe loading and care of a cannon. If not we may hear about you in the papers...in the obituary section.

Try these guys. Looks like they know what they are doing...

http://www.3battery.org/

sse:

--- Quote from: "Ironhand" ---I took my brother to the Kalamazoo show this weekend. He came home with a cannon.  Gulf ball size bore (1 pounder?). Now we need to make/buy a carriage and equipment.

Any one have suggestion?

Also, how do I shoot the thing and still retain all of my body parts?  

Ironhand
--- End quote ---
Cool...what is the provenance on that lil thang?  Signal cannon?

Ironhand:
It is new manufactured. Steel lined and rated to 90, 000 psi. Closest historical example I can find is an English ships cannon. Can anyone give me some historical info on this type of cannon?

Thanks
Ironhand

rollingb:

--- Quote from: "Ironhand" ---It is new manufactured. Steel lined and rated to 90, 000 psi. Closest historical example I can find is an English ships cannon. Can anyone give me some historical info on this type of cannon?

Thanks
Ironhand
--- End quote ---
Here's some info about cannons,.........
 Cannon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version