Shooting Traditional Firearms and Weapons > General Interest

A 32" barrel smoothbore?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Longhunter:
I'd shoot shot out of it but I want a gun that will shoot a ball with reasonably good accuracy too.

I've never heard anything bad about Jackies guns. He makes his own barrels and said he's never had any complaints about their accuracy. He also makes a canoe gun with a 24" barrel.

I've got an old Mod 97 Winchester riot gun with an 18" barrel and it throws a slug plum center.. so I'm thinkin you shouldn't lose and accuracy with a shorter barrel...??

hawkeye:
I have a Jackie Brown canoe gun in 28 bore that works well with shot. It's not half bad with a ball either but it's just too short and light for accurate ball shooting.  I stick to 1oz shot and 70gr 2f and it's my "go to" small game gun.

butterchurn:
Jackie is a very nice fella and I personally like him.  If you do get one of his guns, just know that you might have to tinker with it a bit to get it right.  Sometimes his guns are good and some just so-so.  I bought one from him and had to work on the lock mortice to get the lock to set up against the barrel right.  As it was, powder placed in the pan would easily fall down inside the lock.  Bad juju.  Also the butt plate did not fit right and there were other inletting issues.

I was able to fix most of the issues.  Some I haven't got around to, yet.

Longhunter:

--- Quote ---Jackie is a very nice fella and I personally like him. If you do get one of his guns, just know that you might have to tinker with it a bit to get it right. Sometimes his guns are good and some just so-so. I bought one from him and had to work on the lock mortice to get the lock to set up against the barrel right. As it was, powder placed in the pan would easily fall down inside the lock. Bad juju. Also the butt plate did not fit right and there were other inletting issues.

I was able to fix most of the issues. Some I haven't got around to, yet.
--- End quote ---

Oh NO!  :roll eyes...  

hawkeye:
If it's one he already built it might be better than one he rushes to build you.  That's been my experience. Plus, he does accept returns.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version